About The Role
As a Team Merlin Guest Experience Host, you will help to create lifelong memorable experiences in our attraction for our guest. You will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the attraction, this includes: customer service, customer interaction, and children’s entertainment across this busy attraction.
- Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to Guest Service, and demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity.
- Works in a team rotation with touch pools and various other positions throughout the aquarium.
- Inspires children by playing with props and demonstrating possibilities of the materials, while maintaining an open-ended approach.
- Floats within area and directly communicates with guests by greeting, explaining, demonstrating. Is alert to guests need for assistance and independence.
- Maintains excellent knowledge of all program content, and is thoroughly familiar with aquarium displays and species, in order to reference and recommend extended learning.
- Facilitates public talks using public announce systems and microphones.
- Informally surveys teacher and child satisfaction with program, communicates suggestions. Gives input regarding programs’ strength and weakness. Encourages school guests to complete satisfaction surveys.
- Ensures our extended queue lines are managed in a safe way while still delivering an excellent guest experience.
- Ensures aquariums are clean, organized and ready to open on a daily basis. Assist in clearing the building for closing.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and beautification of SEA LIFE, including, but not limited to, sweeping, stocking the restrooms, and helping pick up trash.
- Experience with teaching or guiding children.
- Experience in a Customer Service role.
- Excellent communication, listening, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage groups.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the aquarium and interact with employees.
- Ability to keep hands and arms in salt and freshwater for long periods of time while interacting with guests.
- Previous experience in service industry
- Experience with science curriculum and/or biology or marine biology
- Teaching experience
- Required Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.