Ensures compliance with environmental regulations for construction activities and projects under the supervision of a Regional Manager, Area Manager, Project Manager, or Construction Manager. Executes our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production to guide our business practices that ensures P&J is committed to a Zero Incident Philosophy of no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio).
- Effective communication (oral, written, presentation, listening).
- Effective motivational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Expected to re-locate to the project site for the duration of each construction project they are assigned to (project duration averages 1-18 months).
- Must be able and willing to work outside in remote areas for extended periods in varying weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR).
- Ability to operate UTVs or other four-wheel drive type vehicles
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents or drawings, legal documents, and contracts.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, subcontractors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, landowners, or members of the community.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Studies, Earth Sciences, or similar related degree or equivalent technical training and related experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in environmental inspection required. Experience in one of the following industries or markets of oil and gas, pipeline, power transmission, substation, renewable energy, transportation, mining, or water resources is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Experienced or knowledgeable in drafting, reviewing, implementing, training, and/or maintaining Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in soil erosion control and BMP installation and maintenance.
- Supervise installation, maintenance, and/or the removal of BMPs, erosion control devices (ECDs), and environmental exclusion areas during construction while completing and maintaining the inspection forms and register.
- Perform weekly SWPPP inspections while providing daily and weekly reports, maintaining as built drawings, updating and maintaining internal GeoJot / SPEC program for both internal and external viewing by the client, and updating the status in Google Earth (kmz format), and any other assignments as required.
- Experienced in drafting, implementing, training, and maintaining spill prevention, control, and countermeasure (SPCC) plans.
- Use topographic maps, GPS units, aerial photographs, Google Earth (kmz files), and other maps or tools in the field.
- Successful candidate will have superior writing, time management, and organizational skills and the ability to independently perform environmental tasks on a variety of projects.
- Key tasks include leading and/or participating in client or project meetings to support the planning, design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of the SWPPP or SPCC.
- Represents the company in a professional manner and documents conversations with subcontractors, vendors, client, and/or landowners.
- Excellent writing skills are a must along with the ability to compile reports electronically for delivery both internally or externally to the client.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS preferred.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with clients, subcontractors, vendors, landowners, or co-workers to strengthen the company’s position.
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, and have the ability to work productively on multiple tasks simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with wetland delineations, USACE 404 rules, and waters of the US.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.