Expedition Field Instructor
Expedition Therapy Associates, LLC
Join a team of professionals who are making a difference in young people’s lives. Our variety of challenging expeditions (including rock climbing, canyoneering, backpacking, kayaking, photography, cultural exploration, mountaineering, and more) provides Expedition Therapy students with opportunities to learn, teach, and lead in the rugged backcountry of southern Utah.
Expedition Field Instructor Requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding and application of professionalism.
- Passion and interest in working with young adults age 18-26 years old.
- Empowerment-based, outdoor adventure therapy experience and strong rapport building skills preferred.
- Age 25+, College degree required in Outdoor Education, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling Preferred, or related field.
- Background in sociology, psychology and personal growth.
- Wilderness First Responder certification required; WEMT a plus.
- Two years professional outdoor leadership experience, 100+ days in field experience, or 1 yr. experience + certification in the respective discipline. (climbing, canyoneering, and/or kayaking).
- Recognized trainings & certifications in areas of activity preferred
- Driving Record: Satisfactory completion of background and driving checks. 2 Years with a clean driving record.
- Life Guard certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in sound judgment and decision making, leadership ability, LNT mastery and skills competency.
Expedition Field Instructor Responsibilities Include:
- Expedition Instructor will plan, coordinate and lead Expedition Therapy Assoc., LLC Young Adult Groups (age 18-26 years old).
- Trips may include: climbing ( Lead, Bouldering), canyoneering, cultural exploration, kayaking, backpacking, fly fishing and transportation.
- Rock Guide: Must be able to set-up and manage a Top Rope site, Place artificial protection and climb up to 5.8. Certifications with the PCIA or AMGA are preferred.
- River Guide: Lead river trips with groups of up to 10 kayaking (class I-III) & (flat water – Class IV). Certification with the ACA or BCA preferred.
- Backpacking Guide: Knowledgeable with the LNT environmental ethic. Prior outdoor leadership experience and ability to teach backcountry skills. Certifications and trainings with WEA, NOLS, &/or LNT preferred.
- Expeditions may include: rock climbing, canyoneering, cultural exploration, kayaking, backpacking, fly fishing, radio controlled flight, snowshoeing, mountaineering, scuba diving plus transportation.
- Driving: Expedition Instructors are designated drivers for out of base camp excursions, for example, transporting students on 5 to 7 day expeditions.
Currently accepting Field Instructor applications for Fall 2016/Winter 2017 Opportunities for growth, advancement, and a career within a successful company.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.