TRC is soliciting applications from highly motivated, qualified individuals to fill a permanent, full-time Senior Biologist position in our Seattle, Washington office. The Senior Biologist position would have an emphasis in energy and transportation project environmental review, as well as experience with other land development projects. Experience with water projects would be a plus.
The successful applicant will have experience in preparing and/or managing biological resources documentation related to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), technical studies, permits and project compliance monitoring on projects. Applicant must have knowledge and experience with regulatory permits and approvals such as USFWS Section 7/10, USACE Section 404/10, CDFW Section 2801 and 1602, and RWQCB Section 401. Applicant should have depth of knowledge and experience in at least one substantive technical field of terrestrial or aquatic biology and ecology, or specific listed species of concern.
Applicants must be able to effectively coordinate sub-consultants, multi-discipline tasks, and field and reporting efforts; interact well with clients and other contractors; and effectively manage budgets and schedules. The position may require limited travel and the ability to conduct site visits and/or client meetings.
- Will act as Project Manager preparing NEPA/SEPA/CEQA biological resource related documentation, technical studies and project compliance monitoring and be able to coordinate and mange multidisciplinary teams including managing budgets, project schedules, quality assurance, directing technical experts, and coordinating with regulatory agencies.
- Support or develop environmental permits under major Federal and/or Washington State regulations, including the Endangered Species Act.
- Have at least 15 years of experience with business development and developing/managing client relations.
- A Master’s degree in environmental science, biology, ecology, or other similar environmentally related field is required.
- Demonstrated business development success, supervisory experience, established credibility with local, State, and/or Federal agencies and clients, and proposal success.
- Excellent technical writing, analysis and communication skills are mandatory.
- Experience conducting biological resource field surveys and the preparation of biological resource technical reports for species and habitats in fields of terrestrial and/or aquatic expertise, including specific species and habitat types.
- Experience in both aquatic and terrestrial biology and ecology is preferred.
- Knowledge of Washington natural communities and habitats.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Washington, Oregon and California native and invasive plants is preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal listed species and species of concern in Washington, Oregon and California.
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems mapping and analysis in the context of biological resources studies.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to biological resources, including (but not limited to) the National Environmental Policy Act, Federal Endangered Species Act, Washington State Environmental Policy Act, Washington Endangered Species Program, and Washington Fish and Wildlife Code.
- General wildlife surveys and/or sensitive species protocol level wildlife surveys.
- Wetland and other jurisdictional delineations, including (but not limited to) areas under jurisdiction of the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Water Quality Control Board, and Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Possess strong organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Experience with consultation and coordination with federal and state agencies.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to TRC’s insurance carrier.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match. For more information please visit www.trcsolutions.com or contact Scott Watson at email@example.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.