The Connecticut Audubon Society’s Center at Glastonbury is seeking an experienced Summer Camp Director for a full-time seasonal position beginning May 8, 2017 – August 18, 2017.
Summer Camp Director oversees the summer camp programs for ages 3-12. Director will train, supervise and evaluate teaching staff, volunteers, and teach. This position includes administrative duties related to summer camp, including maintaining camp license, staff professionalism, high quality of teaching and fostering a fun learning environment.
Full time seasonal position; Summer Camp Director will report to the Director of Center at Glastonbury.
- Train, supervise and evaluate summer camp staff
- Prepare staff schedules and class assignments
- Coordinate enrollment with camp registrars
- Maintain class rosters and databases in conjunction with program registrars
- Maintain all camper paperwork including medical records
- Assist education coordinator with maintenance of equipment
- Communicate and interact with parents and families of campers on a daily basis
- Assess classes and propose changes as appropriate
- Guide staff in the development of curricula and curricula notebooks while providing high-quality programming with the highest standards of safety
- Maintain camp program supplies including supervising the daily clean up of classrooms, outdoor equipment, kitchen, etc.
- Completing all required certification paperwork for Summer Camp
- Maintaining compliance with state camp licensing requirements
- Represent Connecticut Audubon Society in a positive and professional manner
- Marketing of summer camp program to enhance enrollment
- Work and collaborate with staff to guarantee the best camp experience for campers
- BA or BS in environmental science, environmental education, biology, natural sciences or related field
- 2 years experience as Camp Director/Coordinator with knowledge of state licensing requirements
- Experience planning and executing nature-based and natural science activities
- Excellent group dynamic and behavior management skills, ability to engage children and staff and direct them in an active learning environment
- Must be able to hike and work outside in varying weather conditions
- Proven ability to deal with parents in a friendly, understanding and professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Qualified candidates must be over 21 years of age
To apply please send resume and cover letter to:
Interim Director, Center at Glastonbury/Director of Education
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.