Univ. Of Wisc. Stevens Point College of Natural Resources Treehaven Field Station, Tomahawk, WI
The Treehaven Field Instructor will advance the mission of Treehaven, contributing to adult and school educational programs by teaching, developing, assisting, and conducting a variety of educational and administrative duties including on Treehaven’s 1,400-acre site.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality science based field environmental education.
- BS/BA in related field of study.
- Strong desire to teach in the outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and times of day including hiking, canoeing, stream and pond ecology, and winter activities such as cross country skiing, tracking and snowshoeing.
- Ability and desire to both work on a team and being self-directed.
- Meet with the Assistant Director weekly to develop Education work plans and priorities for specific school and adult audiences. (5%)
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of educational functions. (85%)
- Maintain, clean, prep and organize field and educational equipment (10%)
- Teach environmental education (EE) programs to groups at Treehaven.
- Develop and update lesson plans for existing programs.
- Develop and conduct new educational/interpretive programs.
- Implement site based educational projects.
- Assist with marketing EE programs including Facebook and Social Media.
- Organize and inventory educational materials and displays.
- Repair, secure, and produce new educational resources as directed.
- Assist in registering and checking in groups and conferences including AV resource prep.
- Assist in interpretive planning and the development of related resources.
- Assist with development of high school based research/citizen science program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a seasonal position beginning August 20 ending December 15.
- Average 40 hrs/week
- Some work periods will include weekend and/or evening duties, and some days will be in excess of 8 hours. Schedules established by the Assistant Director, variable hours/week.
- On-site lodging provided including kitchen.
- Meals provided when groups are here.
- Flexible time off.
To Apply: send resume, cover letter, and three references via email or post to:
John Heusinkveld, Treehaven Assistant Director.
firstname.lastname@example.org. 715.346.2473. W2540 Pickerel Creek Road, Tomahawk, WI. 54487
DEADLINE is July 8, 2017.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.