Wildlands Restoration Volunteers seeks a Director of Programs (DoP) who works closely with the Executive Director and other senior leadership to ensure the operational success of the organization. The DoP oversees the mix of programs and the staff that run some of these programs. The position ensures effective team functioning, implementation of standards and policies across all programs, as well as the operational infrastructure that supports these programs. The DoP also has a key role in the development of our annual work plan of projects and the management of some of our more complex projects.
Minimum of five years of relevant experience in all or most of the following areas:
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate and coach staff, and delegate effectively
- Ability to organize, prioritize & multi-task
- Highly proficient with Excel and capable of developing and managing complex budgets
- Ability to manage projects and teams, using a project management methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing successful large grant proposals to government and foundation entities
- Experience developing proposals in response to a formal request for bids
- Experience managing subcontractors
- Strong teamwork and facilitation skills
- Experience with community outreach and building partnerships, particularly with government agencies
- Natural resource background
- Enough familiarity with information technology (databases, websites, computer networks, etc.) to accurately assess organizational technology needs and engage 3rd party IT professionals
- College degree required
Personal Qualities Desired: Flexible, self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, proactive, honest, interpersonal skills, professional, responsible, able to meet deadlines, detail-oriented, committed to precision, willing to work evenings/weekends as needed, committed to public land stewardship, interest in volunteerism and service, and a good sense of humor. Additional Skills a Plus: experience with ecological restoration and/or trail design and/or construction methodologies; experience developing and supporting a large volunteer community; desktop publishing.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time position with a competitive benefit package. Annual salary will be $55-65K, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed starting on August 28, continuing until position is filled. Application form is available at: https://goo.gl/forms/qckD2x8923dK4BqK2 Please Post and Distribute A