Utilize your people and organizational skills to make a profound impact on Colorado’s ecology and economy by becoming a Land Protection Specialist.
Help preserve land and create financial benefits for the people of Colorado with Tax Credit Connection, Inc. as a Land Protection Specialist in our Longmont, Colorado office. We are looking for a team member to help us work with the landowner (Seller) side of our business.
Background and Qualifications
- Strong initiative and the ability to organize and follow through on projects with a team
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in real estate, conservation, law, business, or tax plus 2 years industry experience in one or more of the above areas
- Able to collaborate effectively with a professional team
The primary obligations of this position include the following. Help the company to build relationships with key partners in the conservation community, accounting and legal fields. Be able to review conservation deals with accuracy, attention to detail and evaluate whether the credits will likely pass the state review process. Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with very diverse types of constituents – ranchers, land trusts, attorneys, accountants, and appraisers in a way that respects each of their unique perspectives
- Review due diligence items for land conservation transactions
- Review appraisals for land conservation transactions
- Assess risk and make decisions regarding individual tax credit sales
- Extensive networking in the conservation, historic preservation, legal and accounting communities throughout Colorado
- Be able to fully understand and educate others on Colorado’s three tax credit programs, including presenting at workshops
- Work with landowners’ accountants on proper filing of state tax forms
- Create educational materials for landowners and their advisors
- Keep procedures, checklists and outreach materials up to date
- Help your teammates when needed, including stuffing envelopes on occasion
- Maintain the highest standards in client and staff follow up and communication
Salary and Benefits – Salary is based on successful applicant’s experience and ability and will likely start around $50,000 - $60,000 annually. TCC provides paid time off, paid holidays, partially funded company health insurance, 401(k) with matching and lots of support for growing and learning.