Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) provides solid waste and drainage and wastewater services for Seattle residents and businesses, and drinking water for the 1.4 million regional customers both in Seattle and the 26 municipalities and special water districts also served by the Utility. "Our Promise" to the community is to deliver efficient and forward-looking utility services that keep Seattle the best place to live. Our customers depend on us to be there for them – to deliver utility services reliably and to spend their dollars wisely.
SPU is seeking an experienced Naturalist to join the Cedar River Watershed team. This role is a fully benefited, 20 hours per week position that will focus on Watershed Education Programs. This position reports to the Watershed Public & Cultural Programs Manager.
The Cedar River Watershed Education Center is a regional education facility created as a gathering place to connect people with the source of their water. Nestled above the shores of Rattlesnake Lake in the Cascade foothills, the Center is a gateway to the Cedar River Municipal Watershed, which provides drinking water for 70% of the 1.4 million people living in the greater Seattle area. The Center provides opportunities for thousands of visitors to learn about the complex issues surrounding the region's drinking water, forests, and wildlife. The watershed covers 90,638 acres and is owned by the City of Seattle.
- Plan, develop, and implement natural science education programs in the Cedar River Watershed, at the Cedar River Watershed Education Center, and the Rattlesnake Lake Recreation Area
- Write, edit, and coordinate production of educational materials, including scripts, curriculum material, handouts, and visual programs for use in programs
- Coordinate school and community education programs with internal and external partners
- Take lead responsibility for special programs and projects; assist with volunteer projects
- Provide education and outreach in public recreation areas; provide outreach education programs off-site when needed
- Work as a team member with other staff to deliver, develop, monitor, and evaluate program goals and objectives
- Schedule programs and register participants
- Staff information desk and sales area as needed
To view the full job posting and requirements for this position, and to submit an online application, please visit: