Cypress Environmental Science & Engineering is seeking an experienced Senior-Level Biologist to join our Biloxi, MS office.
Cypress is a rapidly growing consulting firm on the Gulf Coast. We are a specialized environmental science and engineering firm with a focus on environmental and ecosystem restoration. Our projects are generally focused on wetland and stream restoration from design through construction, assessment, monitoring, and permitting and are performed for a mix of federal, state, private and NGO clients. Example projects can be viewed at www.cypress-environmental.com.
Our intent is to develop this individual into the overall lead for field studies and permitting. Currently we have 3 people doing this sort of work, ranging from BS + 2 yrs to MS + 4 years. A strong mid-level scientist who is ready to take the next step in their career OR a senior scientist who is looking for greater diversity and technical challenge is our ideal candidate. There will be a mix of wetland delineations, permitting, restoration site assessment, mitigation bank monitoring & ecosystem management.
- Team lead on wetland delineation & permitting projects
- Permitting (Corps 404, State wetlands, 401 WQ) and related field studies
- Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys for southeastern listed species
- Wetlands vegetation assessments, native plant identification and invasive species identification
- Restoration construction oversight on wetlands and habitat restoration projects
- 7+ years of direct experience in a combination of the areas noted above
- Strong technical writing & communication skills
- Experience leading teams
- Completed wetland delineation training
- BS degree in Biology, Ecology, Geology or an allied field
- Familiarity with southeastern plants
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Completed, USACE-verified wetland delineations using the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain guidebook. Florida experience is a plus
- MS in a relevant field
- Florida delineation training
- NEPA experience
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment as well as independently. Cypress is focused on excellence in project quality, teamwork, and responsiveness, and we are looking for candidates who share the same values.
Cypress offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits package, interesting and challenging projects, and a work environment that promotes personal growth and professional development.
Cypress is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a drug and smoke-free workplace.