PHEASANTS FOREVER & QUAIL FOREVER
The Habitat Organization
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
State Coordinator – Missouri
Organizational Profile: We seek an individual with the talent, passion and desire to promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 720 chapters, 149,000 members and a $84 million annual budget.
This individual will be responsible for leading the Missouri QF Team and working to coordinate and deliver the conservation priorities and objectives listed within the Missouri Quail Plan:
- Integrate Missouri efforts with National Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever programs, staff and departments, including:
- Supervise designated field staff in Missouri and provide coordinated leadership for QF team members across the state.
- Work with Regional Director and Governmental Affairs staff to coordinate state legislative activities, responses and relationships.
- Work with Regional Director and PF Development team to advance unrestricted funding streams and generate support for strategic habitat initiatives associated with the Missouri Quail Plan and PF & QF programs.
- Work with Regional Director and Marketing Team to provide information to media sources in Missouri.
- Coordinate statewide habitat initiatives and partnerships that advance our mission in Missouri.
- Serve as the principle liaison between Pheasant Forever/Quail Forever and governmental/resource agencies in Missouri.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise, lead and coach effectively.
- Understanding of fiscal reporting and grant writing.
- Ability to work effectively with various partners and staff.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse personalities.
- Extensive knowledge of wildlife habitat management techniques, principles, goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of conservation programs, wildlife ecology and management and rangeland management.
- BS degree in Wildlife Management or a closely related natural resources field and/or related field experience.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Reports to: Regional Director
Application Closing Date: September 15th, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: October 16th, 2017