The Mountain Area Land Trust announces a job opening for a Land and Water Conservation Director. Position is part-time, 20 hours per week.
- 4-year related degree in Natural Resources or related field.
- 3-5+ years of Natural Resource Management or land and water conservation experience.
- Knowledge and experience negotiating, writing and closing conservation easements or purchasing properties.
- Familiarity of local communities within Clear Creek, Park, Teller, Gilpin Counties, and the mountainous areas of Jefferson and Boulder Counties.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Computer, GPS and photography skills necessary. GIS skills desirable.
- Able to safely travel across rough mountainous terrain by foot and/or four-wheel drive vehicles.
Work Schedule and Location
- Work 20 hours per week.
- Work schedule flexible to accommodate projects.
- Work primarily at MALT office.
- Work in field as required.
Position open until filled. Further details, http://www.savetheland.org/job-opportunities
Send cover letter and resume to Jeanne@savetheland.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.