Ancestral Lands Conservation Corps - Field Supervisor - Gallup Office
Ancestral Lands Conservation Corps
Gallup, New Mexico
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Title: Field Supervisor
Reports to: ALCC Program Coordinator
Starting Salary: $750-800 per week, DOE
Location: Gallup, NM
Status: Full time, exempt, seasonal (45 weeks)
Benefit Eligible: Full-time Seasonal with partial Benefits per Personnel Policies.
The Field Supervisor’s primary role is to provide field support to our field staff and seasonal conservation crews by offering technical assistance, moral support, and ensuring program integrity through policy enforcement and positive mentoring. The Field Supervisor will also assist with corpsmember interviewing and selection, program logistics, administrative assistance, and planning and facilitating staff trainings. Field Supervisors will support both adult and youth crews.
- Assist with a wide variety of in-house trainings such as trainings on leadership, chainsaw operations, historic preservation, trail work, driving, Wilderness First Aid, and Leave No Trace, as well as a crew orientations
- Work with program coordinators and managers to determine and develop project expectations and specifications
- Communicate work plans to Crew Leaders, ensuring that they are prepared and knowledgeable of projects prior to implementation
- Actively engage in quality control and risk management through all phases of project planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Maintain a staff presence in the field, including frequent overnight stays.
- Ensure project work is completed to standards and expectations of the partnership and program.
- Collect data from crews on an on-going basis. Maintain and organize multiple information systems and databases.
- Serve as a responder to ALCC field emergencies, including being “on-call” for after-hours support.
Staff Support and Supervision
- Work in collaboration with ALCC program staff in all offices to train, mentor, evaluate, supervise, and support local crew leaders and members.
- Work with other staff on pressing projects when appropriate, including recruitment efforts and shop tasks.
- Work in collaboration with the Administrative and Logistics teams to ensure all maintenance of systems in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with Conservation Legacy staff and supervisors
- Successfully engage, lead and support an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve
- Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals
- Participate in program promotional activities
- Assist with other general duties as needed or assigned by supervisor
- Fill in as needed to support crews in the field
Conservation Legacy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to perform essential job functions. This position will require periodic overnight travel and non-traditional work hours, inclusive of weekend and evening hours. To successfully perform essential functions this position is required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. This position may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on an infrequent basis. They must be able to operate office equipment, telephone, and computer. The ability to drive an organizational vehicle is also required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Disclosure of needs are encouraged to be made upon job offer and throughout employment at Conservation Legacy.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
- Minimum of two years of experience in youth development or corps field.
- Experience with influencing diverse groups of employees to achieve common goals.
- Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
- The ability to carry out assigned work independently or with minimal supervision.
- The ability to communicate effectively, manage complexity cultivate innovation, drive and influence results of oneself and others.
- The ability to work well with others and to seek assistance when needed to carry out assignments.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and applications, or similar platforms.
- Ability to keep others, in remote locations, accountable to expectations.
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurable Driving Record
- Must be able to pass Conservation Legacy’s Criminal History Checks.
- Experience leading groups in outdoor settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of staff, partners, and members
- Two years minimum applied field experience in conservation or land management field work
- Technical competence and experience in dry stone masonry, full bench trail construction, trail maintenance, fence construction and maintenance, crosscut saw operation and maintenance, chainsaw operations for riparian restoration and fuel reduction.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor young adults working in remote outdoors settings performing arduous physical labor
- Proficiency with office equipment and software including Microsoft Office and database management; ability to manage data in an organized, consistent, and timely manner.
Click the Link Here for the full details of the application and read thoroughly then see below to submit Resume and Cover Letter. Thank you for your interest!
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Staff Name at email@example.com . Subject line in this email must include “Applicant.”
Cover Letter must include a response to the following question: Provide some examples of your experience effectively working with diverse communities, including those specific to Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|