|Salary Details||$16.07 - $17.18 per hour|
|Deadline||Nov 29, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Working closely in a group setting with scientists and support staff in the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s California Natural Diversity Database (CNDDB) and Conservation Analysis Unit (CAU), the incumbent performs duties involving data acquisition, interpretation of data, compiling and formatting data for use data analysis, entry of observation data for high-priority rare plant and animal taxa, and integration of several single-species datasets into observation database. Data entry will follow standard methodology and may require a moderate amount of communication with outside contributors and partners. Compiling and formatting data foruse in data analysis will require communication and coordination with CAU scientific staff and ecological modelers. The incumbent must be a detail-oriented selflearner who can stay on task with minimal supervision.
Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Catalog, route, and file incoming biological survey information on rare native species
- Use available scientific knowledge to review and evaluate the biological accuracy, precision, and completeness of rare native species survey information.
- Assist CAU staff with assessment, quality control, and organization of observation data for use in ecological models.
- Contact appropriate professional and academic scientific experts to obtain information on the status and location of rare native species; verify and correct contributed biological data as needed.
- Review and QC data entry by peers.
- Assist CNDDB and CAU staff with other duties and attend meetings, as required
Expected start date is January 15, 2024.
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Equivalent to completion of two years of college with a minimum of 10 semester hours in biological sciences, OR one year of experience in surveying, studying or evaluating fish or wildlife populations, data habitats or users. Experience working with geospatial and biological datasets is highly desirable but not required.
Assistant I Data Entry and Acquisition candidate must be a California resident. Chico State Enterprises is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
For more details and information on how to apply, see the official job posting:
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.