|Salary Details||USD $400 - USD $450 / month. Full time, permanent live-in, paid position with no expenses (full bed and board provided), and six weeks paid holiday, plus National vacation days. Potential to earn more based on performance.|
The Communications Manager of Fundacíon Para La Tierra is tasked with communicating all aspects of our work to a national and international audience and all external communications with potential visitors.
About Para La Tierra:
Fundacíon Para La Tierra’s vision is to change the course of Paraguayan environmentalism, involving stakeholders and proposing policy based on a solid science. We work with local community members, national and international NGOs, international volunteers and interns and the government to inspire people to appreciate the value of nature, and to work together to protect it.
Our area of influence includes a wealth of ecological landscapes and habitats, including the wetlands of Ñeembucú, the Atlantic Forest and the Humid and Dry Chaco. Each of these habitats are inhabited by a host of tropical wildlife, and endangered by a variety of threats.
You’ll make a life changing step to the charismatic city of Pilar in southern Paraguay and join our team living at Centro IDEAL (Investigacion, Desarollo, Educacion Ambiental y Liderzgo). We’re always looking for new projects and opportunities to expand and grow. In this role, there is significant potential to enhance existing projects, as well as develop new ones, and to succeed you’ll need to be flexible, creative and entrepreneurial to make the most of this ever-changing context.
We’re looking for a communication manager with a strong track record of working on multi-faceted and ambitious programs. The role involves excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Spanish, management of social media accounts, and preparing public media articles fit for a wide range of audiences. This opportunity would be perfect for someone looking for a change of pace, a new adventure, and personal and professional growth and development.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Promoting projects and opportunities in popular media
- Communicating with potential and incoming interns and volunteers.
- Updating our opportunities on job/volunteer boards and identifying new channels for advertising
- Coordinating our Social Media activities, including researching current news/trends and relevant accounts, publishing posts on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, X and LinkedIn, monitoring and replying to reactions
- Working on our products, including newsletters and presentations, with development of the respective templates in Microsoft Office or Canva
- Supporting the conceptualisation and implementation of graphical outputs to communicate our research results
- Supporting our media outreach, public relation management, and other outreach activities
- Administrative tasks like internal coordination, updating the communications agenda and editorial plan, contact database management etc.
- Supporting further development of Para La Tierra communications structures & processes
Desirable skills and experience:
- A minimum undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a field of study with a focus on communication (e.g. marketing, communication studies, PR, graphic design, online marketing etc.)
- Applied knowledge of website CMS (WordPress, Wagtail etc.) and Social Media services (Instagram, TikTok, X, Facebook, LinkedIn), potentially including Social Media management tools (Meta Business Suite).
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Applied knowledge of graphical design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator) and/ or Canva desired
- Good aesthetic sense: An eye for design and layouts, and can contribute your own creative ideas
- Enthusiasm for all aspects of communications – from developing a comprehensive outreach strategy, to meticulously implementing it through all channels
- Fluent English (spoken and in writing) essential, advanced Spanish.
- An understanding of global conservation issues.
- Passion for conservation and environmental science.
- Ability to act quickly and positively under pressure.
- A full clean driving licence with 4x4 driving experience
- Experience working abroad or across different cultures
Conditions and Applications:
Full time, permanent live-in, paid position with no expenses (full bed and board provided), and six weeks paid holiday, plus National vacation days. Potential to earn more based on performance. Two year fixed term following a minimum of six months training period. Most of our staff are able to save a large amount of what they earn, and live well. You must be prepared to apply for legal residence in Paraguay.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining how you meet the key responsibilities; why you are interested in this role and how it fits with your career plans, to email@example.com.
Closing date: Rolling applications until the right candidate is found
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|