Job type: Full Time exempt, 40 hours a week
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
Supervises: Youth & Community Programs Coordinator (AmeriCorps)
Location: Office based in Stowe, VT with flexibility for occasional remote work.
About Stowe Land Trust
Stowe Land Trust is a respected, member-supported, 501(c)(3) conservation non-profit serving the greater Stowe area since 1987. With 7,100 acres and 35 conservation easements under our belt, we are committed to preserving the ecological health and economic vitality of our region.
Stowe Land Trust recognizes that to address community needs we must include the voices of all identities within our community and beyond. We encourage historically marginalized people such as members of indigenous communities, individuals of color, transgender, and nonbinary individuals, all LGBTQIA+ individuals and individuals with disabilities (both visible and non-visible) to apply. Your diversity in experience and identity will be valued and respected as a vital part of what will strengthen our staff.
See more about our work on our website at www.stowelandtrust.org
As SLT nears its 40th Anniversary, we are looking to hire a reliable and enthusiastic Engagement Manager. The Manager will arrive at a time of evolution within the organization and can help build new approaches to organizational engagement while also solidifying the systems and infrastructure that support growth. This position works to ensure broad and deep engagement with the Stowe area community to build greater awareness of and involvement in our work by managing organizational communications, marketing, volunteers, outreach, events and community programs and partnerships. This is a full-time position for a creative self-starter who will approach projects with positivity and dedication to high quality. You'll work with a dynamic team and play a pivotal role in building engagement with our donors and community. We invite applications from people passionate about conservation, community, and the connection between the two.
Fundraising & Communications
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications & Development to execute the 3-year Fundraising, Marketing, Communications & Engagement Plan.
- Manage digital and print communications, covering website, social media, PR, paid ads, newsletters, and impactful stories.
- Maintain brand consistency across all communication channels.
- Create compelling content and coordinate others to contribute.
- Coordinate engaging events for donor involvement and relationship building.
- Manage the maintenance and use of SLT’s donor database.
Outreach & Partnerships
- Oversee the development of Learning Landscapes Collaboration with local schools.
- Enhance community engagement on land-related issues through research, impact reporting, and policy recommendations.
- Expand community partnerships and programs for underserved residents to connect with land and conservation.
- Enhance SLT's volunteer program through recruitment, onboarding, paperwork, time tracking, and recognition.
Management & Leadership
- Recruit and supervise AmeriCorps members and interns.
- Ensure well-coordinated, monitored, and evaluated projects for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to organizational success through strategic planning, participation in board and staff meetings, teamwork, and skill development to improve team performance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field preferred, or equivalent nonprofit communication/development experience.
- Preferred customer service experience.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with diverse individuals and a commitment to Stowe Land Trust's mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with website and social media management is a plus.
Salary: Salary range of $50k-60k, commensurate with experience.
Benefits and Perks
- Family & Medical Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Vacation Leave
- Parental Leave
- Career development opportunities
- Wellness perks, including staff outings
Join us for this exciting period of growth and contribute to land conservation and community engagement in the Stowe region.
Stowe Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant, and does not discriminate in hiring or in the conditions of employment against any individual on the basis of their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, age or genetic information of the employee or a family member, or against a qualified disabled individual, or against an individual on the test result from an HIV-related blood test, or against an individual on the basis of their veteran status, membership, or application for membership in the armed services, or against an individual on the basis of their health coverage status or crime victim status, or against an individual on the of their opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the complaint process. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, training, compensation, transfer, promotion, leave of absence, and termination.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your interest and qualifications at https://stowe-land-trust.breezy.hr/p/ee7418d94fdc-engagement-manager . No calls, please. Application review begins December 1. Position is open until filled.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship, Land Trust|