|Salary Details||Based on experience|
|Deadline||Mar 03, 2023|
|Required Experience||7+ years|
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
South Alabama Land Trust (SALT), a nationally accredited land trust, is looking to hire a new Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the administration of the SALT and implementing its strategic plan. In addition, the Executive Director will serve as the SALT's spokesperson - building, fostering and sustaining relationships with conservation partners, funders, municipalities, elected officials, and the public. The position is located at the SALT's office on Highway 98 in the Weeks Bay area of Baldwin County, Alabama, but the SALT's expanding focus area includes coastal Alabama. Periodic (but not frequent) travel to out-of-town meeting is required.
Strategy and Vision
- Guide and direct the SALT's strategic
- Develop an organizational work plan to implement
- Develop and cultivate SALT
- Effectively communicate vision and strategy to
Staff Management & Board of Directors
- Hire and manage the SALT's staff (three full-time employees), identify weaknesses, help locate new talent to serve in key positions, and serve as liaison between staff and the President of the
- Oversee development of annual staff work plans and success metrics and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Maintain a work-place climate that attracts and motivates talented staff and
- Work with staff and Board chair to set and prepare materials for board
- Work with Board
Finance Management and Fundraising
- Maintain and monitor the financial health of the SALT by overseeing day-to-day operations.
- Develop and implement annual budget in partnership with staff and
- Maintain official records & documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Track and communicate project and operational cash flow and financial
- Contribute to Fundraising & Finance Committee meetings to set goals, strategies and
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward major individual, SALT and corporate
- Grow membership and base of
- Develop partnerships with other entities/groups supporting the SALT's
Land Acquisition and Stewardship
- Work with Board committee to oversee the real estate transaction process whether an acquisition or conservation easement.
- Manage the Land Coordinator providing goals and activities related to land management and stewardship.
- Develop partnerships with realtors, farmers, and other influencers to identify opportunity parcels.
Salary based on experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to: Veronica Herndon, Board President firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit cover letter and resume to Veronica Herndon - email@example.com
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship, Land Trust|