|Salary Details||Base pay of $42,000 – and can be adjusted based on your experience|
|Deadline||Mar 14, 2024|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Position Announcement: Lead Restoration Technician
Natural Shore Technologies is a local (Independence, MN) and well-established (over 20-year-old) ecological restoration company serving the Twin Cities area. Our mission is to provide exceptional restorations by using innovative techniques and environmentally sound land management practices. We foster a tight-knit work environment that encourages continued learning and skill development, company outings and get-togethers, and enthusiasm for our natural systems.
We design, install and maintain shorelines, prairies, rain gardens and other natural landscapes for public agencies, and commercial and residential clients. Our nursery provides Minnesota native plants to a wide range of commercial and retail clients.
We are in search of a motivated and dependable person, with a passion for natural resources, to monitor and maintain a variety of ecological restoration projects in the Twin Cities area.
- Conducts monitoring and maintenance activities on a wide variety of ecosystems, including shorelands, wetlands, prairies, and woodlands
- Monitors and assesses sites to determine appropriate vegetation management approaches
- Implements management protocols and safely operates various types of equipment, including brush saws, weed whips, chainsaws, sprayers, ATVs, etc.
- Manages, leads, and mentors intern work crews
- Sets scheduling with the maintenance supervisor and assists with recordkeeping
- Interacts with clients and represents the company in a professional manner
- Manages data and updates client project files
- Effectively manages field equipment and keeps tools in proper working order
- Represents Natural Shore at local trade shows and professional forums
- Assists with researching and writing content for our popular newsletter
- Assists with social marketing (website, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Gives presentations to homeowners and at professional meetings
- Collects and processes native seed
- Assists with nursery operations including transplanting and general organization
- Assists the Installation Crew Leader with ecological restoration projects
- At least two years of natural resources fieldwork with competent native and invasive plant identification skills
- Efficiently performs all management tasks in the field which requires strenuous physical activity for prolonged periods and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, such as heat, rain and cold, and can tolerate biting and stinging insects
- Excellent communication skills and proficient at supervising field crews
- Highly motivated and eager to work in a team environment
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Ability to load and haul trailers and machinery
- Experience with mixing and applying herbicides and able to obtain Commercial Pesticide Applicator (Categories A & J) license within 30 days of hire
What Sets Us Apart:
- We inspire and support our staff to take part in continuing education that will further develop their ecology and leadership skills
- We offer a plant identification training program, led by senior staff
- With career advancement in mind, we urge employees to take on special projects that hone individualized skills
- Joining professional societies is encouraged and fully supported
- We work hard but also play hard, offering staff social events to build a strong team and foster open communication among staff
- Base pay of $42,000 – and can be adjusted based on your experience
- End of year bonus, usually 1-5% of your salary (hard work is rewarded)
- Quality Health Insurance Plan – Health Partners
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401K – Retirement fund – 4% company match
- 40-50 hours per week with seasonal work schedule adjustments
Please send a cover letter explaining why this specific position and our company are of interest to you, along with a resume to email@example.com. We will review your qualifications, and then contact suitable applicants for an interview.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.