Who we are:
The Buckeye Trail Association is committed to its mission “The Buckeye Trail Association is the leader in building, maintaining, protecting and promoting use of Ohio's longest scenic hiking trail for our citizens, communities and partners. We provide outdoor recreation, opportunities to volunteer, education, access to the varied resources of Ohio and local economic benefits.”
The Buckeye Trail Association is a large, strong body of volunteers, supported by members and donors and a small staff, who build, maintain and promote the trail. Though the entire route is marked, the Buckeye Trail continues to change and improve. The BTA looks for ways to move road sections off of the roads, and to upgrade those off-road sections to high quality hiking trail.
We are accepting applications for a Buckeye Trail Association Marketing & Office Coordinator with the 501(c)3 nonprofit Buckeye Trail Association, headquartered in the Village of Shawnee in southern Perry County Ohio. The address is 127 B West Main Street, Shawnee, OH 43782. To learn more about the Buckeye Trail and Buckeye Trail Association please visit www.buckeyetrail.org.
What you will do…
The Buckeye Trail Association Marketing & Office Coordinator is responsible for the successful support of BTA volunteers through implementation of marketing strategies to increase awareness, memberships, volunteerism, participation, and effective communications, as well as managing an effective digital and physical office environment.
Official Position Description:
The Buckeye Trail Association Communications Coordinator & Office Manager is responsible for supporting marketing team volunteers and managing an effective and welcoming professional office environment by:
- Working in collaboration with BTA staff, BTA volunteer leaders, and partners to develop and implement marketing strategies through a variety of media (print, website, social, special events, email, etc.) in order to increase awareness, memberships, volunteerism, and sustainable enjoyment of the Buckeye Trail. Serving as the staff liaison with the BTA Social Media and Marketing Team.
- Developing promotional graphics within the BTA brand standards in service to BTA volunteer leaders and Chapters upon request and as a part of longer term strategies.
- Maintaining an efficient professional office space.
- Facilitating day to day communications including managing phones, correspondence , organizational email, providing database support, web development support, and procurement of office and volunteer supplies.
- Works collaboratively with BTA staff, volunteers, members, and hikers as well as long standing land management agency and nonprofit partners.
- Emphasizes efficient project management.
- Communicates effectively between partners, staff, volunteers, members of the BTA.
- Engages in sustainability planning for BTA communications and marketing procedures with BTA volunteer leadership.
- Works with BTA staff and volunteer leaders to promote and maintain an efficient professional office environment.
- Is a positive and professional representative of the Buckeye Trail Association.
- When directed the Coordinator works with, through, and in support of BTA volunteers to achieve the goals within the scope of this position.
- Assists other staff and volunteer leaders with local projects as time allows.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Typical office environment; May require minimal travel at times to outdoor locations to support event promotion that could include traversing rugged terrain, exposure to inclement weather, dust, dirt, insects, and noxious plants.
What’s in it for you…
At the Buckeye Trail Association, we take care of the team that cares for the Buckeye Trail, its volunteers, and members. We provide several benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. Our benefits package includes:
- The BTA provides 50% reimbursement of your independent medical coverage with a cap.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 12 weeks of unpaid Family Leave
Matching Simple IRA Contribution
Ameriprise is the 403(b) Simple IRA program used by the BTA. The BTA contributes a 100% percent match up to the first 5% of the employee’s contribution of their payroll to their independently managed Ameriprise program. Visit the Ameriprisewebsitefor more information.
The BTA strives to be a model employer of individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in our services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.
We are ready for you!
We’re glad you’re interested in pursuing a rewarding career with the Buckeye Trail Association! Helping to build, maintain, protect and promote Ohio’s 1,400+ mile Buckeye Trail will prove to be the most enjoyable career opportunity you will ever find!
The Marketing & Office Coordinator must
- Have experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate experience in graphic design.
- Demonstrate experience using Google cloud based applications.
- Have experience working with 3rd party partners.
- Work and communicate effectively with others and deal with changing work conditions.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience utilizing inter-relational databases
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Shawnee, OH 43782: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To Apply: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please apply on the job posting: Marketing and Office Coordinator
If you have questions, contact Valerie Gardner, Buckeye Trail Association, at Valerie.email@example.com.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|