LOCATION: Eugene OR, Boise ID, or Tacoma WA
STARTING ANNUAL SALARY: $50,000.00
BENFITS OVERVIEW: Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Coverage, Disability/Life Insurance, 401k investment plan, Professional Development, and other perks!
Since 1984, Northwest Youth Corps (NYC), a non-profit organization, has given tens of thousands of youth and young adults opportunities to learn, grow, and experience success. Through partnerships with conservation agencies, youth and young adults gain the personal and professional skills needed to carry out a variety of stewardship projects, from which they can earn a paycheck, high school credit, and/or an AmeriCorps educational award. More importantly, these young people gain skills needed to become economically and socially self-sufficient, benefit their communities as citizen stewards, and recognize that they can make a positive difference. NYC also operates an accredited charter school, internship program, and the Idaho Conservation Corps (ICC).
The Member Services (MS) Manager works directly with the Programs Team, the AmeriCorps Manager, and the Communications Officer; with specific concentration given to participant recruitment and full program enrollment. The MS Manager supervises a team of professionals who execute an annual recruitment campaign by working closely with community partners, schools, civic groups, and alumni to increase awareness of NYC programs and our mission. In addition, they help create, support, and coordinate community partnership events and communicate the impact of NYC programming to educators, community groups, and the general public. Success of the Department is evaluated on NYC’s ability to enroll full crews of diverse youth and young adult participants and increase alumni engagement. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
Areas of Responsibility
Recruitment and Community/Alumni Relations
- Develop and support annual recruitment campaign that ensures broad collaboration, equitable effort across a three-state region.
- Successfully meeting enrollment goals to ensure full programming with qualified applicants in all Northwest Youth Corps crew-based programs.
- Collaborate with Communications team to ensure timely and accurate marketing efforts throughout our recruitment markets.
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
- Appropriately utilize and manage technology tools to rapidly and accurately process applicants, achieve goals, monitor progress and provide current and accurate data and results.
- Track alumni information, provide references and letters of recommendations, and supervise maintenance of current alumni files.
- Work with Communications staff to support marketing and recruitment campaigns.
- Support and develop staff team with a commitment to NYC mission and customer service.
Department Supervision and collaborations
- Manage the department budget and scholarships in a fiscally prudent manner.
- Collaborate with and support Communications, Partnerships, and Development staff in their efforts to market, report, and develop content.
- Manage and supervise a team of Coordinators to meet Department goals and objectives.
- Create yearly department goals.
- Produce accurate and timely data for year-end reporting.
- Provide professional development and evaluations for department staff.
- Help execute elements of NYC’s Strategic plan.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Support
- Promote organizational support of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Seek to remove barriers to participation in NYC programs for underrepresented populations.
- Ensure that the inherent risks of our programs are clearly articulated in marketing, collateral materials, telephonic communication and all pre-program engagements.
- Work closely with Program staff to ensure that our medical and criminal history evaluation processes are fully and consistently implemented.
- Ensure all critical medical and medication information is included in Crew leader resource packets.
Education / Experience
Recruitment – A background in recruiting is required. Must have experience designing and implementing successful campaigns to recruit employees, students, or volunteers. Must be an organized, creative, and dynamic recruiter.
Education – bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications, marketing, journalism, or a relevant field is preferred. Experience and demonstrated skill in staff management, public speaking, organizing community events, writing, reporting and editing are highly desirable.
Leadership - A minimum of two years of supervisory experience required. Candidates must have a strong interest in NYC’s goals, the ability to work as a team member and a sense of humor. Previous experience which demonstrates organizational skills, the ability to perform at a consistently high level under pressure, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and familiarity with a wide range of communications tactics will be necessary to succeed in this position.
- Creative and dynamic recruiter
- Direct experience in similar position may be substituted for degree
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and People-management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record as some travel will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Potential for periodic non-traditional work hours, inclusive of weekend and evening hours.
- In the performance of the job duties, the employee will primarily work in an office setting.
- Travel may include visits to NYC state offices (OR, WA, ID).
- While performing the duties of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or vehicle; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment: temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors may affect the person's working conditions while performing the job.
**This Position Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.**
Terms of Employment
This is a full time, exempt and supervisory position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00 PM. Workload varies seasonally and will require long days and/or evening and weekend responsibilities periodically.
All job offers are contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check (criminal history) as well as record of full COVID 19 vaccination OR an NYC approved medical/religious exemption.
Northwest Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
At Northwest Youth Corps, we believe diversity is an essential source of strength for our communities. We strive to create a safe and empowering environment for all participants and staff from the broadest range of backgrounds and abilities. While we are privileged to facilitate conservation service on our public lands, with humility, we also acknowledge that injustice and violence were at the heart of acquiring these lands. Therefore, we sincerely address this traumatic legacy by supporting youth and young adults of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, religions, sexual orientations, economic statuses, and other sociocultural identifiers. We empower everyone to learn, grow, and experience success in our programs and beyond.
Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Officer, via e-mail to email@example.com with Member Services Manager in the subject line and document attachments in either word or pdf format. Please do not call or drop by.
Additional program information can be found at http://www.nwyouthcorps.org/m/
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|