|Salary Details||Average of $16.10 - $28.00 per hour|
|Deadline||Dec 15, 2023|
Job description: In our DC office we’re working to reduce plastic waste generated by online orders. Amazon alone produced over 700 million pounds of plastic waste in 2021, and these negative impacts on landfills, communities, and the ocean cannot be ignored. So, we’re working with US PIRG to call on Amazon to take action by eliminating single-use plastic and moving towards sustainable packaging.
As a canvasser you will:
- Educate and engage citizens on a campaign to make real change on pressing environmental and public interest issues
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Gain the experience and connections needed to launch your career in nonprofit and political advocacy work
- Build membership and raise money for nonprofit groups in your community
- Potential opportunity to take on leadership -- supervising and managing staff in the field
The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with good communication skills and a passion for social change to fill citizen outreach and field manager positions across the country. With offices in selected cities, we are hiring full-time staff, with leadership opportunities available, to work on issues like stopping plastic pollution, saving the bees, and moving towards a 100% clean energy future.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Commuter benefit program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Excellent training program
- Opportunities for advancement
*Eligibility for benefits depends on your position, location, duration of employment, and other factors.
Pay: Average of $16.10 - $28.00 per hour
The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Keywords - canvassing, campaign, political, political science, marketing, creative, urgently hiring, temporary, marketing assistant, community organizer, organizer, field organizer, social services, non profit, nonprofit, non-profit, environment, environmental, college students, student work, management, manager, leadership, communications, advocacy, supervisor, supervising, full time, activist, activism, sustainability
To apply, call (202) 461-3839 or send your contact information through our website.
We are also hiring for career positions for college graduates. To apply online, visit https://tpin.pinpointhq.com/fund
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Policy And Law|