About Five Valleys Land Trust
Five Valleys Land Trust is a nonprofit land trust based in Missoula, MT. Five Valleys’ mission is to protect for future generations western Montana’s natural legacy – our river corridors, wildlife habitat, agricultural lands, and community open spaces. The five valleys we serve are the Bitterroot, the Blackfoot, the upper Clark Fork, the Missoula/lower Clark Fork, and the Mission-Jocko. We believe that the character of these valleys, and the thriving communities in them, is rooted in the clean rivers, open lands, and abundant wildlife that surrounds them. We work with communities, private landowners, governments, and other partners to protect these natural treasures for the benefit of this and future generations. Five Valleys holds 200 conservation easements on 100,000 acres of private land across ten counties in western Montana. We own and manage 2,800 acres of land, including the Rock Creek Confluence near Clinton, MT and the Lincoln Community River Park in Lincoln, MT, and Mt Dean Stone in Missoula, MT. We also work closely with partners on collaborative, community-based conservation projects such as Marshall Mountain.
This position acts as a support role to both the Operations and Development teams. The Office and Events Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide clerical and database support. Day to day this role will report to the Operations Manager and spend much of their time on computers, navigating administrative and development (donor) systems and serve as reception for the low traffic office environment. In addition to their administrative and reception duties, the Office and Events Administrator will work with the Operations Manager to shift their priorities and workload as necessary to allow them to also support the Development Coordinator and Philanthropy Director in coordinating and implementing the Annual Campaign workplan. This includes event logistics support for the annual Banquet, summer appeal mailings, year-end appeal mailings, and other Development or Outreach events as necessary.
Administrative Support (50%):
- Provide clerical assistance including sending checks, and uploading and coding receipts and invoices in Dext and assisting with creating deposit records and Instacharge reports
- Assists in taking and editing Resource Development and Board Meeting Minutes.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail including donations and invoices received.
- Responsible for populating the master calendar of development, outreach, and program events, staff and board activities and/or meetings, etc. In partnership with the Operations Manager, they will keep the master calendar up to date.
- Prepares board meeting materials and assists with updating board records and documents as necessary.
- Assists the Operations Manager in Maintaining Five Valley’s digital workspace.
Development Support (35%):
- Supports donor, outreach and major events with the Development Coordinator and Philanthropy Director. This includes assisting with event organization, spreadsheet management for events, data management, invoicing, event reconciliation, receipting and development related volunteer event coordination.
- Works with the Development Coordinator to create and organize mailings which include appeals and invitations.
Office Coordination (15%):
- Acts as a receptionist for the organization greeting office visitors and shares the responsibility in answering incoming phone calls.
- Ensures reception area presents as professional and tidy.
- Orders office supplies for staff.
- Assists the Operations Manager in managing facility needs such as coordinating with contractors, vehicle maintenance, and office access control.
- Assist with travel arrangements for board and staff as needed.
- Enthusiasm for private land conservation and Five Valleys’ mission, goals, and values
- Enthusiasm for administrative and/or organizational systems
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment while self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with an aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Strong communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience working in administration, data entry, and/or office management
- Proficient with administrative or donor software such as Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, SharePoint, Word and Excel) and Donor Perfect
- Familiarity with office equipment such as copy machines, security systems, and phone systems
Workload and Time
As a professional, non-exempt position, the Office and Events Administrator is expected to strike a balance between the following:
- Having the responsibility and flexibility to meet the workload in a largely self-determined manner; Being responsive to organizational needs for accountability and presence in the office as determined by the Personnel Policy; and completing work generally within the time allocated for the job.
- The Office and Events Administrator is expected to apprize the Operations Manager if there are difficulties in finding a balance while meeting the expectations of the job description.
- The Operations Manager may, from time to time, require the Office and Events Administrator to work extra hours to attend specific meetings or to work on organizational activities outside of regular business hours.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the Office and Events Administrator position to Boston Wakeham, Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are requested to be submitted as a single pdf attachment with the following name structure: “Lastname, First name Application”. This position will remain open until it is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting December 04, 2023. Selected applicants will be sent an email with details on the interviewing process.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Land Trust|