|Salary Details||Start at $500/week|
|Deadline||Mar 01, 2024|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Outdoor Education Field Instructors - Full-time seasonal positions available February 19th - May 31st, 2023. We are also in need of part-time staff throughout the season.
Pay starts at a minimum of $500/Week with the following benefits: On-site housing, food when working with clients, and access to our facilities including laundry, internet, the Mohican state park trails, two lakes, two rock walls, and two high ropes courses.
Part-time shifts will be paid at a starting rate of $12/hour
Salaries increase with additional qualifications, including: WFA/WFR, Ropes Course certification, teaching license, master's degree, USA archery Level 2, or canoe instructor certification.
All instructors will become certified in first aid/CPR and USA Archery level 1
Instructors will teach and lead outdoor education sessions through:
- Approaching learning and engagement through a multidisciplinary teaching approach
- Guiding hikes in the state forest
- Engaging students in environmental and STEAM-centered curriculum
- Facilitating challenge courses, canoeing, rock climbing, and other adventure programming
- Promoting social and emotional learning with our team building initiatives
- Making the program accessible for all students, regardless of ability level and background
Candidates will be:
- Driven and motivated to serve
- Flexible and able to thrive in a team setting
- Kind, honest, and positive role models for the students and districts Nuhop serves
- Equipped to instruct with compassion
- Ready to challenge themselves to learn and grow
- Inspired by Nuhop’s mission and focus leading to professional outcomes
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather
- Willing to take initiative to assist with cleaning and other duties
Candidates need to be comfortable working outdoors, excited about teaching, and able to pass a background check. This is the perfect job for recent college graduates, prospective teachers, students invested in a gap year process, professionals in environmental studies, and retired educators.
The position will require occasional weekend work with flexible schedules. The initial training will last two weeks, and continued training will be offered as the season progresses.
Nuhop is a 501 c 3 organization founded in 1974. A regional leader in experiential learning, Nuhop is diversified in its program offerings. Nuhop’s major areas of focus are:
- Outdoor education programs developed for middle level students.
- Residential summer camp programs for children that are identified as neurodiverse ie. austistic children and children with learning disabilities, ADHD, ODD, and more.
- Team building programs for high school, middle school, and college aged students and groups.
- Experiential learning and team development programs for non-profit organizations, corporations, teachers, and government agencies.
- Challenge Course Programs
- Rental and retreats for outside user groups.
Email your resume with references to email@example.com or visit https://campnuhop.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App online at www.nuhop.org/about/employment (link is external)
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, General / Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation|