|Salary Details||$107 - $112 per day + addl pay for certs + room and board|
Full time seasonal position from February to November, 2023, and with the opportunity to renew your contract for the next season. Earn $107 - $112 per day + addl. pay for certifications; includes off-site housing and work day meals.
Instructors deliver residential, one-to-five-day outdoor science educational programs primarily serving fifth and sixth grades from regional elementary and middle schools. All of our lessons are hands-on science and collaborative problem solving-based with a focus on critical thinking, exploration, and environmental stewardship.
Instructors are responsible for leading and educating a group of 12–15 students throughout their program, including facilitating large group activities, leading meals and working evening programs. All lessons are written according to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and we train our staff using University of California at Berkeley’s BEETLES (Better Environmental Education, Teaching, Learning & Expertise Sharing) teaching techniques and pedagogy. We are looking for Instructors that have experience teaching youth of color from communities of low income.
- Paid time off, sick days, 403(b) retirement plan with 4% match
- Addl. pay for certifications or experience working with BIPOC students, lifeguard, science instruction, Wilderness First Aid, or First Responder
- +3% pay increase for bilingual fluency in Spanish
- Live and work in Northern California, Plumas National Forest, just 50 minutes north of Truckee, CA and Lake Tahoe
- Job location: Sierra Nevada Journeys Grizzly Creek Ranch, Portola, CA
To learn more about this job, please visit https://www.sierranevadajourneys.org/jobs.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|