|Salary Details||$20.30-$22.64/hour (+$2.00/hour for specific degree holders, see job description for more info)|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
SUMMARY: This Residential Outdoor Educator will provide supervision and support for all Waskowitz programs including, but not limited to, Outdoor School, Living History, Reconnecting Ourselves Outdoors to Succeed (ROOTS), Challenge Facilitation, Waskowitz Environmental Leadership & Service (WELS) and.
Responsibilities include dining hall supervision, trail and hiking logistics, maintaining records, facilitating student-centered curriculum, promoting student growth, and monitoring the student’s safety and well-being while in the district’s care. The Outdoor Educator will be assigned a focus area during outdoor school: Science/Environmental Education Curriculum and Instruction or High School Leadership and Instruction. The OE assigned to HS Leadership and Instruction resides in the dormitories during overnight programs. Each program has a different set of weekly hours. When not running program, this is a 6 hour a day position. Additional hours will be added during outdoor school and other programs as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is meant to be representative, not
exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also
be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
● Ensures the physical and emotional safety of students during Waskowitz programs: setting the tone for
safety and comfort throughout; i.e. regulating shower time with efficiency and locking all doors at night.
● Mentors and builds relationships with students assisting them in personal growth and leadership
exploration and development.
● Observes, evaluates and supports high school students teaching, assisting, or counseling during class,
cabin and meal times.
● Facilitates innovative and educational focused day and overnight programming. At times will be
responsible for overnight coverage.
● Assigned a focus area during outdoor school: Science/EE Curriculum and Instruction or HS Leadership
and Instruction. The HS Leadership and Instructional team resides in the dorms during overnight
● Designs and facilitates challenge-based programming.
● Does trail-work, spreads smiles around, assists in the kitchen, office, outside, or wherever/whatever else
is needed to ensure the overall success of the program.
● Assists staff, teachers, and students in all camp programs and campfires by singing, dancing, teaching,
being silly, having fun, and creating a sense of community that promotes a positive, inclusive
● Other related duties as assigned by the Waskowitz Administrative Team.
Apply on Frontline on this link:
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|