In cooperation with the U.S. Forest Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit (LTBMU), the Great Basin Institute is recruiting one (1) Visitor Information Technician. The Technician will provide visitor information at the Taylor Creek Visitor Center at beautiful Lake Tahoe. Taylor Creek hosts interpretive programs and provides information and retail services to the general public. The main attraction is the Stream Profile Chamber that provides a view of the stream environment allowing visitors to study a diverted section of Taylor Creek through a panel of aquarium-like windows.
Working alongside Forest Service staff to provide visitor services the Technician will:
• Assist with educational programs for children and adults;
• Assist in the preparation of informational materials;
• Answer visitor questions, phone calls and provide information on local recreation opportunities and wilderness hikes;
• Monitor and maintain information desk, operating materials, and display boards;
• Assist in operation of the TCVC store including operating the cash register and helping to maintain store inventory,
• Maintain a supply of maps and publications; as well as
• Open and close the visitor center and assist with site maintenance.
Qualified and interested applicants should upload a cover letter, résumé, and list of three professional references: The Great Basin Institute
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.