Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI) is seeking an individual capable of interacting with our clients on a daily basis to guide and manage the development of State and Federal environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, and permit applications for projects requiring authorization under the Clean Water Act, the Wetland Conservation Act, Public Waters Law and similar authorities. Expectations are that the individual will work within the disciplines of Water Resources, Transportation, Energy, Agriculture, Mining and Land Development.
Guide the development of and prepare all or portions of Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments (NEPA), Environmental Assessment Worksheets (MEPA) and Environmental Impact Statements (MEPA/NEPA). Shepherd completed documents through the submittal, public review, comment response and completion process.
Stay abreast of regulatory policies associated with the Clean Water Act, the Wetland Conservation Act, floodplain management, public waters law, local government requirements and approvals. Guide the development of and prepare all or portions of permit applications necessary to obtain approvals for water resources, storm water, transportation and mining projects.
- BS degree in an appropriate scientific discipline (agricultural sciences, watershed or forest sciences, aquatic or terrestrial biology, ecology, limnology, natural resources management, soils, or zoology), urban and regional planning, geography, or an appropriate engineering discipline (environmental, geological, mechanical, or chemical depending on the experience.)
- Minimum 7 years of applicable experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of the Minnesota
- Environmental Policy Act and the National Environmental Policy Act through the preparation of environmental review and permit documents and the ability to work with regulators.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and conduct public meetings.
- NEPA experience across multiple federal agencies preferred.
- Experience in water planning or land use planning desirable.