|Salary Details||$27.14 - $32.03 per hour|
|Deadline||Dec 04, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
The Resource Conservation District (RCD) of Greater San Diego County aims to protect, conserve, and restore natural resources through information, education, and technical assistance. We work across the majority of San Diego County on a variety of programs, including fire prevention and education, watershed education, school garden support, promotion of pollinator habitat, management of two large community gardens and a regenerative farm.
The RCD is seeking a detail-oriented and diligent Accounting Clerk to support the accounting department with daily financial record keeping, data entry, and grant tracking procedures. The ideal candidate is well organized, detail-oriented, articulate, approachable, and collaborative with strong bookkeeping skills and previous experience in a similar financial role.
This position is located at the RCD of Greater San Diego County field office in Lakeside, California, and reports to the Director of Finance. This position is an at-will position and the employee serves at the discretion of the Executive Director. All District employees are required to work collaboratively and to serve as a positive role model for other employees by supporting the mission, vision, and values of the District.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Recording grant expenses on budget worksheets.
- Reporting grant progress monthly to Director of Finance and assisting in preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Assisting in the preparation of supporting documentation for all quarterly billing to funders.
- Assisting in the preparation of journal entries related to the revenue and expenses for grants and programs.
- Assisting in billing and recording quarterly receivables for grants and projects.
- Reconciliation of General Ledger Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assisting in audit preparation.
- Assisting in processing and recording credit card payments, Square, Venmo, Eventbrite, ACH, Wire and PayPal transactions.
- Providing back up support for payroll, human resources and assisting in supporting entries.
- Providing organizational support to department.
- At least three years’ experience in an accounting support or bookkeeping role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in Excel and Quickbooks Accounting Software.
- Able to handle large quantities of diverse transactions taking care to ensure proper posting of records.
- Professional, accountable, and punctual.
A California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and successful completion of a background check. Adept at anticipating requirements of the office, uses extreme discretion when handling confidential and/or proprietary information. Consistent attention to detail and accuracy while juggling multiple tasks. Ability to meet deadlines/goals effectively and in a timely manner.
Compensation and Benefits
The RCD offers a competitive salary and benefits package after successful completion of a 90-day probationary period:
- Participation in RCD 457b retirement plan.
- Health insurance compensation in lieu of health insurance
- Thirteen paid holidays and thirteen days of paid time off (PTO) in your first year of service, rising to eighteen days after the first year.
- Phone stipend of $50 per month.
- Eligibility for annual COLA and merit increases as well as potential for performance stipends.
The RCD is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Chris Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled. To be considered with the first round of applications, please submit materials no later than 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time on Monday, December 4, 2023.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|