Juneau, Alaska, USA
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for a career to help people and nature? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that people and nature can thrive together. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, motivated problem-solver. Come join TNC and apply today!
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $67,500 to $71,000 for annual base salary for this Juneau, Alaska, USA location. Where a success candidate’s actual pay will fall within this range will be based on a variety of factors, including, for example, qualifications, specific skills, and experience. Your geographic location will be confirmed during the recruitment.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with legislative, policy, or political initiatives in Alaska (state or federal)
- Experience building relationships with varied partners, government agencies, or elected officials on initiatives while respecting political and local community cultural sensitivities
- Experience with researching and analyzing local, state and federal laws, policies, and programs
- Articulate writer, communicator, and researcher (including work with databases, spreadsheets, presentations, and other)
- Project management experience, with experience implementing multifaceted projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability
- Knowledge of, experience with, or desire to work on environmental, conservation, or natural resource issues (including one of the following: climate, renewable energy, fisheries, forestry, public lands management, community development, and equity in policy)
- Knowledge of and experience in Alaska’s unique geography, history, politics, and government/public affairs landscape
- Willingness to register as a lobbyist with the Alaska Public Offices Commission
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of each month
- Located in Juneau, Alaska or willing to relocate to Juneau for a minimum of 4-6 months each year
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in business, sustainability, or fundraising.
- Experience coordinating complex projects in a decentralized organization, working across teams, operating units and functions to achieve optimal results.
- Experience building networks or organizational capacity, facilitating informational sessions, increasing internal knowledge and capacity, and identifying key stakeholders.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements and contracts.
- Self-starting, independent worker who can thrive in a decentralized organization with minimal oversight.
- Knowledge of Alaska’s history, political landscape, and/or cultures (includes lived experience in Alaska)
To apply for job ID 54020 submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Land Trust, Policy And Law|