This internship opportunity with ALCC and USFS funds three Pueblo interns to be present at the Pot Creek Cultural Site, Carson National Forest, Camino Real Ranger District, New Mexico during the peak summer tourism season. The three interns will consist of one (1) leader, and two (2) members.
The goals of this program include:
- Engaging local Tribal youth in ongoing Forest restoration projects;
- Providing relevant job skills to Tribal youth;
- Providing Tribal youth with exposure to traditional cultural lifeways and material, cultural knowledge;
- Cultivating meaningful interactions, points of connection, and mutual benefits between the Carson National Forest and its local Pueblo partners;
- Integrating new technologies for natural and cultural resource interpretation.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
The ALCC Pot Creek Interpretive Individual Placement will oversee and implement the following tasks:
- Interpretation of cultural heritage and archaeology (training provided by Forest archaeologists and Tribal partners).
- Participation in ongoing Forest restoration work.
- Execution of routine trails maintenance work and other on-site duties.
- Training in traditional cultural lifeways (educational sessions conducted by Tribal partners) and northern Rio Grande archaeology (educational sessions conducted by Forest archaeologists).
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma and/or GED certificate
- Must be between the ages 18-30 years of age
- Possess communication and leadership skills
- Have an interest in natural and/or cultural resource management, traditional knowledge, and Pueblo history and prehistory
- Be able to participate for the summer season up to 40 hours per week
Federally-recognized Tribal membership is required. Tribal members of Taos and/or Picuris Pueblo are preferred but not required.
To apply, please submit an updated resume and letter of interest along with the online application.
Contact Ryan Aguilar at email@example.com with any questions.
Apply directly at https://jobs.silkroad.com/ConservationLegacy/Careers/jobs/3323
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Restoration|
|Tags||Conservation Corps, Trail Maintenance, Archaeology|