|Salary Details||$17.00 - 21.00 hourly / 40 hours per week. Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and more!|
The general range for this position is $17.00 – 21.00 per hour, plus full benefits. Salary offers will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, skills, training and education.
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Coordinator, Animal Records and Programs for our Black Beauty Ranch (BBR) in Murchison, Texas. In this position you will provide a variety of animal records and program coordination, administrative and process-oriented services to the Black Beauty Ranch management and staff. This includes responding to inquiries and providing support as needed by leaders, veterinary staff, and the animal care teams.
- Coordinate and oversee the administrative responsibilities of animal records including, but not limited to the following:
- Establish standards and processes for electronic and hard copy animal records, including but not limited to medical, behavioral, nutritional, training and environmental.
- Perform daily data entry.
- Monitor animal records and reports daily and resolve data discrepancies with care staff and veterinarians to ensure accuracy.
- Produce bi-weekly, monthly, annual reporting (or as otherwise scheduled).
- Conduct records research to locate and assemble current and historical animal records.
- Assemble forms and documents related to animals living at the sanctuary currently (old intake forms, owner-submitted profile information, confiscating agency information, etc.), and maintain hard copy and electronic admission forms and information going forward.
- Manage ZIMS database and control of access by other staff (read only, full access, etc.).
- Coordinate acquisition and maintenance of necessary licenses, permits (USDA, etc.);
- Assist with oversight of animal admission processes, documentation and overall inventory;
- Assist in coordination of transportation and other animal admission/transfer logistics;
- Assist in management of data related to enrichment and training programs including but not limited to the following:
- Enrichment and training program descriptions, recordkeeping systems, databases.
- Manage data related to enrichment and training goal development with team leads and caregivers.
- Maintain records of training and enrichment activities.
- Assist with purchasing as needed and records related to incoming supplies;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Two years of college courses in one of the natural sciences or a related area; or combination of coursework and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Two years of related administrative work experience required experience with captive animal recordkeeping and/or the ZIMS animal records management system preferred;
- Proven experience with managing records and data in an accurate and confidential way;
- Familiarity with general animal record keeping practices, policies, procedures, and systems is preferred;
- Technical proficiency and working knowledge of online animal recordkeeping systems (i.e., ZIMS), word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (i.e., WORD, Excel, and Power Point);
- Data entry skills and a familiarity with the use of, and data entry process for, database and/or software programs/systems;
- Strong customer service skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, to interact with and respond to a variety of individuals in a courteous, professional, and timely manner;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to demonstrate active listening skills and organize, present, and articulate ideas both verbally and in writing;
- The ability to work well both independently and with others within a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Basic business writing and editing skills, as well as strong proofreading skills and the ability to compose and edit documents using proper grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to manage time and resources effectively and productively, including the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines with an appropriate sense of urgency and initiative;
- Ability to read and comprehend the content of documents and take appropriate actions, including knowing when to seek assistance;
- Basic analytical skills for researching, gathering, and evaluating information;
- Demonstrated ability to accurately type and prepare documents, memos, and other forms of information;
- The ability to handle information of a confidential nature and ensure that such information is secured and maintained in an appropriate manner.
This is a full time position located in Murchison, TX. Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership|