|Salary Details||$26/hour; $55,000/annual plus benefits|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
The assistant program manager is the second full time member of the Conservation Science Center (CSC), advocating for local leadership in land and natural resource stewardship. This position works with the CSC program manager, and manages CSC’s signature K-12 programming statewide, with an emphasis on northern NM rural communities. Additionally, the assistant program manager will co-develop a conservation leadership program designed to grow critical life skills among undergraduates and graduate students to build resiliency in early career STEM professionals. This position will also contribute towards long-term community recovery efforts following the Hermit’s Peak/Calf Canyon wildfire by supporting workforce development, and community engagement initiatives.
We welcome candidates with enthusiasm for equity-centered programming and culturally responsive teaching practices. This position will require strong interpersonal and communication skills with collaborators who are diverse in age, socioeconomics, and cultural backgrounds; and ability to cultivate new and strengthen current community partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Managing, planning, and implementing K-12 initiatives, including the annual STEM Showdown with NM MESA, middle school STEAMM summer camps, Mora Friday Outdoor School, outdoor education programs with environmental education partners, etc.
- Support the establishment of outdoor classrooms in Northern NM
- Support outdoor education teacher training among pre-service teachers
- Develop and pilot culturally responsive curricula;
- Adapt NGSS-aligned curricula for northern NM student populations
- Co-develop conservation leadership professional development for STEM majors
- Support trainings and certifications at the Wildfire Resiliency Training Center
Find full job description and apply at New Mexico Highlands University.
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- List of Three Professional References with Name, Address and E-Mail
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, General / Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation|