Reports To: Site Manager
Direct Reports: None
The mission at Prairie Restorations, Inc. (PRI) is, “To produce and provide the most ecologically appropriate plants, products and services possible to restore and manage native plant communities.” In accordance with Prairie Restorations, philosophy, all team members work together sharing in a common goal of a successful, profitable and innovative company.
Team members are to demonstrate our Core Values.
- Growing together with Positive perseverance
- Passion to do right by nature
- Integrity and respect for all.
- BA in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in restoration and/or managing of native plant communities.
- Minimum of 3 years managing team members
- Valid MN Driver’s License
- Ability to operate tractors and implements
- Ability to operate UTV's and water pumps
- Ability to drive trucks pulling trailers
- Ability to be insured to drive company vehicle by PRI insurance company
- Ability to obtain MN DOT Health Card
- Ability to obtain MN Dept. of Ag Pesticide Applicator License
The Assistant Site Manager will assist the Site Manager with overall site management, ensuring productivity, efficiency, financial accountability and customer satisfaction.
Serve as the primary facilitator of project management at the site and act in coordination with the Site Manager with bidding, proposal writing and sales of install and management projects. The Assistant Site Manager will contribute to ensuring all team member’s act in a way consistent with PRI’s core values and may be asked to partner on hiring, training and development and separation of team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure team members are dealing with staff in a professional manner
- Deal with customer issues as necessary
- Make sure that the quality of work is up to PRI standards
Efficiency and Productivity
- Assist in coordination of all work activities
- Ensure projects are completed within budget and on schedule
- Assist Site Manager with the Weekly Pulse meeting including agenda and site scorecard
- Assist in running the Quarterly Rocks meeting
Completion of project tasks
- Complete project tasks on schedule and within budget
- Responsible for quality of completed project tasks
- Project tasks may include soil preparation, seeding, planting, erosion control, herbicide application, prescribed burning, etc.
Site Financial Accountability
- Responsible for accurate and up to date secured lists
- Ensure completed work is billed accurately and promptly
- Assist in monitoring expenses and keeping within budgets
Team Member Oversight
- Assist in hiring and firing of all non-salaried personnel
- Ensure that all team members are demonstrating PRI’s core values
- Assist in oversight and implementation in training of team members
- Complete biannual team member development reviews as requested
Bidding and Sales
- Contact leads, set up site evaluations and write project proposals
- Calculate bids for competitive bid projects
- Ensure that the sales process from lead through sales orders and forecasts are properly entered in to NetSuite
- Pass secured projects off to coordinators and managers and ensure all information is properly conveyed
Other duties as assigned may include but are not limited to the following
- Facilities maintenance
- Attendance at trade shows and conferences
- Mechanical Repairs
- To be a spokesperson for PRI in the community
Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Working hours can be long and unpredictable.
Must be able to move objects up to 50 lbs. and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs. This position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org , and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Please apply using the link:
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.