|Salary Details||$65,000 - $68,000|
|Deadline||Dec 15, 2023|
|Required Experience||0 - 1 years|
Assistant Staff Geologist – Concord, CA
Trihydro, a mid-sized engineering and environmental consulting firm with a nationwide footprint, is seeking an entry-level geologist to join its team. This position will provide field and office support for industrial clients within our Petroleum and Petrochemical Services Business Unit. If you are interested in career development opportunities within a growing team, we encourage you to apply!
Improving our communities and the environment is at the heart of Trihydro’s mission. We achieve our mission by empowering our employees to develop solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We understand our employees are our number one asset; treating them as such has fostered a strong company culture that has spurred our growth and diversification over the past 38 years. We are seeking technical professionals who are interested in serving key roles in the continued pursuit of our mission.
As an assistant staff geologist, you will be an integral part of our project teams to provide field support for soil, soil gas, and groundwater characterization and remediation implementation. You will be overseeing drilling projects, logging soil cores, installing groundwater monitoring wells, soil, soil gas, and water sample collection, geologic and geochemical data review and interpretation, geologic and hydrogeologic map preparation, technical report preparation, data management and interpretation, and field and construction oversight/management. It is anticipated that with time and experience, this position will lead to opportunities to assist Trihydro project managers across the country, to engage with clients and conduct business development, and to ultimately grow into an independent project manager capable of representing the best interests of Trihydro and our clients nationwide.
This position is also responsible for administering health and safety programs at active industrial sites and communicating with project management and clients concerning site activity. The position requires work outdoors at petroleum refineries and general/industrial construction sites with up to 25% travel to project locations.
- A bachelor’s degree in geological sciences (geology, geologic Engineering, hydrogeology, etc.)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Problem-solving excellence, self-motivation, and a strong work ethic
- Fluency in Microsoft Word and Excel (familiarity with other Microsoft Office programs is a bonus)
- Working toward, or interested in pursuing, a California professional licensure (e.g., professional engineer, professional geologist, etc.)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including technical writing, with the ability to interact effectively with clients and project team members
- Good employment or academic history with a commitment to safe work practices
- Initiative and motivation with an emphasis on completing high-quality project deliverables on schedule
- Ability to work reliably in teams as well as independently
- Ability to travel to client sites and other Trihydro offices
- A clean driving record
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential
This position will be based in our Concord, California office and will also include work based in our Richmond, CA field office. Both offices are in Northern California and provide ready access to multiple recreational opportunities.
This job is for you if:
- Desire career advancement opportunities and are interested in playing an integral role in a growing team and company
- You want to be part of a culture that values work-life balance
- You value working with others to achieve goals that make a difference to clients and communities
- Take ownership of your work and take pride in producing high-quality deliverables
At Trihydro, our approach to work is honest and hard-working. You’ll find a company culture that is dedicated to excellence, nurtures collaboration and growth, and still finds plenty of time for fun—often outdoors. Benefits of joining our team include:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and prescription)
- Industry-leading 401(k) retirement plan, including a discretionary 6% match by Trihydro
- Paid time off including vacation, flex, sick, paid family leave, and holiday pay
- Wellness program, including reimbursement for a gym membership or related expenses
- Staff mentoring and opportunities for professional development
- Best-in-class safety culture built to protect our employees—the mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters who deserve to go home safely each night
Trihydro is humbled to have received an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” list. Our 500+ professionals work on meaningful environmental and engineering projects that make a difference for clients and communities. Trihydro’s offices extend from Alaska to Florida, and our team members live and work within minutes of outdoor recreation. As a team of geologists, engineers, ecologists, and scientists, our culture is rooted in a love for the outdoors.
The salary information shown below is a general guideline ONLY. Salaries are based on candidates' experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $65,000 – $68,000
This is a full-time position averaging 40 per week. Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Department.
Trihydro is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because of a protected Veteran status.
Interested candidates should apply at https://www.trihydro.com/about-us/careers with their application, resume, and cover letter addressed to Trihydro’s Recruiting Department.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Tags||Environmental Consulting, Soil Science|