Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides best-in-class environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery and inspiring stewardship of the planet. Through our programs, students explore the outdoors, connect with their peers, discover themselves and develop a lasting relationship with science and the environment around them.
What You Will Do:
Coastal Camp at NatureBridge is a summer day camp designed to combine marine and coastal ecology themes with hands-on educational activities and games, providing exciting opportunities for discovery in the great outdoors. The Camp Office Coordinator supports the Senior Camp Manager and Campus Director in administering and coordinating program operations and logistics for Coastal Camp.
The role is a full-time, in-person and seasonal position beginning Monday, January 15, through August 16, 2024.
This position takes place at our campus in the Marin Headlands, outside of Sausalito, CA, and cannot be performed remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Serve as primary customer service contact for camp participants
- Respond to camp emails and phone calls
- Organize and distribute camp messages to other Camp Admin Team members
- Maintain logistics systems such as camper waitlists, transfers and refunds
- Perform office duties such as editing the website and registration platform
- Inventory and maintain camp supplies
- Create and update camp curriculum and materials
- Assist with the hiring of camp staff by conducting interviews
- Help plan and co-lead staff training
- $20-21 hour
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after six months
- Generous paid vacation, training days and sick leave
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and more
- Housing may be provided as a benefit of employment
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Customer service and office administration experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite or equivalent and database software
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of (or have extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- Experience leading or developing environmental education curriculum
- Relevant education, experience, or interest in summer camp, environmental or experiential education
- Demonstrated experience managing risk
- First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain certification before employment
- Valid driver's license
If you are interested in the role and do not meet every requirement listed, please still apply! We are interested in applicants with unique lived experience and skill sets.
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to complete a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on young people and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated staff who are passionate about the environment
- We are invested in supporting our staff through professional development & mentorship.
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate based on any protected category, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression (including transgender expression or pregnancy), political affiliation, age, immigration status or disability. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require any accommodation.
Submit your application to our Online Career Portal. Please respond to the short answer questions in the application form in lieu of a cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with final interviews scheduled for late November/Early December.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|