|Salary Details||The target annual compensation for this position is $35,750.|
|Deadline||Dec 01, 2023|
Fund for the Public Interest (Environment Oregon)
Telephone Outreach Project Assistant Director
We’re hiring Directors to build and lead teams of callers that will fundraise and build support for some of our country's most pressing issues - tackling climate change, moving beyond single-use plastics, banning bee-killing pesticides, and more. Being a director with us requires that you work independently, exercise good judgment and work hard to meet your office’s staffing and fundraising goals. You’ll develop communication and leadership skills that will last a lifetime, and you’ll be building the support it takes to win campaigns.
The Telephone Outreach Program (TOP) raises around $2 million annually for 30+ Public Interest Network groups, including PIRG, Environment America, Environmental Action, National Environmental Law Center and Green Corps.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and train a team of 25-35 staff to build political support around leading issues through membership drives
- Identify and develop leaders to take on more responsibility
- Run staff development and leadership trainings
- Evaluate staff performance and give ongoing feedback
- Help to organize a grassroots campaign by working to test and develop the best message
- Organize grassroots pressure on key elected officials, corporations, and other decision makers
- Lead by example, fundraising 2-3 days a week
- Manage an office that contacts 200,000-300,000 people and collects 50,000 petitions annually
- Help the office run smoothly by tracking and analyzing staff performance
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental protection and social change
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and passion you feel about the issues
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong recruitment and staff management skills and experience
Compensation and Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $35,750. The Fund offers an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, paid time off, our commuter benefit program, a 401(k) plan with employer match, parental leave and long-term disability insurance, and may include needs-based student loan assistance. Compensation and benefits may vary based on location and experience. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Our Mission and Values
Why work with us? Check out 10 reasons on our website.
Fund for the Public Interest is guided by our vision of a better world, a strategic approach to social change, and our core values. Visit our website for things you should know about our organization when you apply.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boosted. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
Key Words: canvassing, telemarketing, phone, campaign, political, political science, marketing, creative, urgently hiring, marketing assistant, community organizer, organizer, field organizer, social services, non profit, nonprofit, non-profit, environmental, environment, career, director
Apply online on our website.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Policy And Law|