|Salary Details||Commensurate With Experience|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Founded in 1998 with the specific mission of providing integrated ecological and engineering consulting services, Princeton Hydro offers mission-driven expertise in natural resource management, water resources engineering, geotechnical design & investigation, and regulatory compliance. We are hiring a civil engineer to join our engineering team in our Trenton, NJ headquarters! The Trenton office is located just south of the Trenton Transit Station along the Northeast Corridor rail line and the River Line Light Rail Transit train has a stop at the building.
We are looking for a creative thinker with a passion for designing wetlands, restoring streams, and working on other nature-based solutions. Princeton Hydro employees also embrace our firm’s basic core values: integrity, creativity, endeavoring to be the best, fostering human potential, a positive working atmosphere, quality, safety, and environmental stewardship.
At Princeton Hydro, you'll be able to:
- Grow as an engineer, performing technical analyses and calculations related to various civil engineering applications including stormwater management, river and wetland restoration, and dam removal/restoration;
- Work with your manager to find solutions for engineering problems, concerns, or conflicts and take on a project ownership role; ∙
- Assist with preparing project design plans, technical specifications, engineer's estimates, and complete critical path project schedules;
- Perform construction-related field work and/or oversight (e.g., stream surveys and restoration, dam inspections, stormwater management facilities);
- Aid with stormwater management review, inspections and summary reports;
- Be part of a dynamic team of scientists and engineers committed to improving our ecosystems, quality of life, and communities for the better.
What We Offer:
- Hybrid work environment, so you can spend less time commuting and more time doing what you love;
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401K retirement with 5% company match;
- Paid vacations, and personal time off;
- Paid parental leave;
- We also close our offices the last week of December to give all of our employees a chance to reset before the New Year. This week is fully paid time off for our full-time team members.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors in civil, geotechnical, or water resources engineering, or other related degree from an ABET accredited university;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- A minimum of two years of applicable work experience that overlaps with the job responsibilities identified above;
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills;
- Possess a valid drivers license;
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all Princeton Hydro employees. Accommodations are considered.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Three years of applicable work experience;'
- Preference will be given to candidates with a current EIT or Professional Engineering (PE) License;
- Experience managing multidisciplinary projects with design, permitting, and construction oversight components;
- Experience with hydrologic (HMS, HydroCAD) and hydraulic (HEC-RAS - steady and unsteady flow) modeling;
- Experience with GIS;
- Are you missing some of the desired skills and experience listed here, but still think you'd be a great fit at Princeton Hydro? Please consider applying anyway!
Princeton Hydro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For questions, please contact Samara McAuliffe: email@example.com
Please click here to apply!
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Hydrology, Restoration|
|Tags||GIS, Wetland, Permitting, Environmental Consulting|