As an experienced Climbing Arborist for Rainbow Treecare (a division of Rainbow Tree Company), you will work in the field with our large team of industry-leading technical arborists to further your skills in tree climbing and pruning. You will have the opportunity to mentor trainees, work on a wide variety of job sizes, and hone your climbing and leadership skills. At least one year of prior climbing or comparable experience is a must, along with a desire to grow with our 100% employee-owned local company.
This is a full-time weekday position with overtime available, based out of our Minnetonka, Little Canada, or Burnsville location. As part of our technical team, you may be cross-trained on other outdoor services and support those teams as needed.
What You Will Do:
- Perform start of day duties including load truck with equipment and materials based on daily jobs, verify equipment is in working order
- Follow Crew Lead instructions around all aspects of tree removal, pruning, inspecting, and climbing to execute jobs safely and accurately
- Uphold our company value of safety by using necessary tools properly and following all safety protocols
- Perform end of the day duties including accurate recording of hours worked, complete job site reports, inventory materials used, unload equipment & material, clean out truck
- Provide mentoring to trainees as requested
- 1 year of experience in tree climbing, or related industry experience
- High school diploma or a GED
- Valid driver’s license and a commitment to safe driving
- Ability to work long days outdoors with possible overtime, in all terrain and inclement weather
What We Offer:
- Employee Stock Option Program in our 100% Employee-Owned Company
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401K Contribution Option with Match
- Full Range of Benefits available, including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Paid Continuing Education, including ISA Certification, CTSP, EHAP, First Aid, and CPR
- Annual Gear and Tool Allowance
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to conditions including chemicals, the use of tools, and equipment. Safety precautions must be followed at all times, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.
You Should Know:
Rainbow Tree Company (www.rainbowtreecompany.com) is 100% employee-owned, and our employees are the core of our success. We are values-based, work collaboratively, and foster teamwork through communication and integrity.
We are a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training.
At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Top Workplace!
Apply at RainbowTreeCompanny.com/Careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.