|Salary Details||$20- $26.00 per hour depending on experience.|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
The Natural Garden designs and installs living landscapes and restores natural habitats in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley and Piedmont. In our landscapes we work primarily with native plants to feed the pollinators and support the greater food web, adding edible, herbal, and medicinal plants to nourish both human and wild inhabitants. Old-world stonework is incorporated into our ecological landscape designs to visually anchor the garden with timeless beauty. Just beyond these outdoor living rooms we set the course for ecological stability to emerge where we restore meadows, savannas, streams and woodland. With over 25 years experience, The Natural Garden is the Shenandoah Valley’s source for creating healthy natural outdoor living spaces and for restoring streams, meadows, and woodlands to habitats of increasing biodiversity and natural beauty.
$20- $26.00 per hour depending on experience. Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Setting up and operating hand and power spray equipment to spray, and/or spread various chemicals and other designated materials including pesticides, herbicides, soil sterilant, grass killer, hormones, fertilizers, seeds, and specified soil amendments.
- Installing, adjusting, and performing minor repairs on application equipment.
- Maintaining records on chemical application activities in compliance with EPA, OSHA, state and federal regulations.
- Maintaining work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices and in compliance with OSHA
- Maintaining and updating Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemical usage.
- Maintaining equipment and tools used in chemical application and sends out for service as required.
- Acquiring and storing pesticide solutions; mixing or diluting specified chemicals or materials according to directions and applying them at the recommended rate.
- Instructing helpers, as required, in applying sprays and other materials.
- Inspecting outdoor areas and recommending extermination and pest control methods.
- Scheduling pest and weed controls.
- Assisting in the upkeep of the grounds and job sites.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Knowledge of chemical application regulations and techniques.
- Skill in the application of chemicals.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations.
- Show up with a positive and uplifting work ethic and collaborates well with team members.
- Assisting in training grounds staff in weed control safety and in fertilizer use applications.
- Two years of chemical applications experience and possession of a current Commercial Herbicide Applicator License with the State of Virginia.
This position reports to the Site Supervisors. Schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Monday to Friday
- Harrisonburg, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Commercial Herbicide Applicator License with the State of Virginia
- Driver's License (Required)
- Interested candidate email Karl@thenaturalgarden.net.
- Include Cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
- To learn more about The Natural Garden, go to thenaturalgarden.net or visit The
Natural Garden on Facebook.
Individuals from out of the area are encouraged to apply. While we cannot help you move here, we think you’ll love it when you do! Harrisonburg, VA has much to offer for arts, culture, food, and more. It gets even better! We are within easy reach of numerous natural resource destinations, an abundance of farm-to-table food and craft beverage options, year-round outdoor recreation opportunities, historical and architectural destinations, and world class cultural amenities. Find out more about Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah region.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Botany, Restoration, General / Stewardship|