|Salary Details||$26.50-$29.50 an hour|
|Deadline||Dec 08, 2023|
|Required Experience||2 - 6 years|
Experience working with young adults in education, youth development, or job training setting or bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study. Salary will reflect level of
Position requires sitting, standing, balancing, or walking on uneven and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting,
crouching, grasping, reaching overhead and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties.
- The position also requires both near and far vision when inspecting work and operating assigned equipment, plus the ability to speak and to hear.
- The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull tools, equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds is required.
- The incumbent in this position works outdoors in all weather conditions, including wet, hot, and cold. During work the incumbent may be exposed to biologic or infectious agents, unpleasant odors, fumes, smoke, dust and air contaminants, and insects.
- The nature of the work may also require the incumbent to use power, vibration, and noise-producing tools and equipment, drive motorized vehicles, work near moving
equipment, vehicles or machinery, work on ladders or scaffolding or at heights. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodation
- Standard First Aid and CPR certificate or ability to quickly obtain.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be placed on company insurance
- A commitment to serving the resilient young adults of the East Bay and creating opportunities for their educational and career success
- A commitment to advancing racial and social equity
- Committed to environmental stewardship and diversifying the conservation workforce Ability to work independently and strength in multi-tasking, goal setting, and workload prioritization, while also maintaining collegial and productive relationships with the Conservation Program team, and other Civicorps staff, and our Corpsmembers
- Ability to form collaborative relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Technical knowledge in landscaping, resource management, erosion control, revegetation, fire prevention
- Technical skills in trail building and repair, minor renovation, construction
- Technical skills with power tool use and maintenance such as chainsaw, brush cutter, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Civicorps actively cultivates an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity, and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for this position and encourage applications from candidates whose lived experience gives them expertise in serving the communities we work with.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your qualifications and interest in this position with the subject line “[your first and last name]: Conservation Crew
Supervisor.” No Phone Calls Please.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|