POSITION TYPE: Full Time with Benefits
POSITION LOCATION: A mutually agreed upon location in North Alabama
The Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) is a 501c3 charity and the state’s oldest and largest citizen’s conservation organization. Established in 1935, AWF’s mission is to promote the wise use and responsible stewardship of Alabama’s wildlife, forests, fish, waters, and soils. This is accomplished through programs and projects in three primary focus areas: Conservation Education, Resource Stewardship, and Hunting and Angling Heritage. AWF’s Comprehensive Conservation Education Strategy includes outdoor, inquiry-based learning opportunities on school grounds through our Alabama Outdoor Classroom Program.
The Alabama Wildlife Federation's Conservation Education Outdoor Classroom Specialist will provide assistance and support for K-12 schools in north Alabama enrolled in the Alabama Outdoor Classroom Program to help them develop, use and sustain schoolyard wildlife habitats to be used as educational tools for hands-on, inquiry-based activities.
DUTIES: Activities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide on-going assistance and support to schools enrolled in the Alabama Outdoor Classroom Program in north Alabama, including the following:
- Basic Information Requests about the Alabama Outdoor Classroom Program
- School Faculty Surveys
- Outdoor Classroom Site Evaluations and Habitat Assessments on School Grounds
- Customized Outdoor Classroom Site Maps using Microsoft Word & Google Earth
- Customized Materials Lists and Estimated Budgets
- Outdoor Classroom Work Day Planning and Assistance
- Long-term Maintenance Plan Development
- Faculty Training for Educational Use of Outdoor Classroom.
2. Organize and facilitate regional and on-site teacher training workshops and webinars for Alabama Outdoor Classroom schools.
3. Manage and carry out projects included in the Alabama Outdoor Classroom Program strategic plan.
For more details visit: https://www.alabamawildlife.org/new-alabama-outdoor-classroom-specialist-position/
Send via email, a one-page letter of application along with a resume to:
April Waltz, Alabama Outdoor Classroom Coordinator @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and/or requests for additional information should be directed to April Waltz through the appropriate contact method provided above.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMITTALS: Open until position is filled
PLANNED START DATE: January 2024
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Environmental Education, Outdoor Recreation|