|$5,000 for term of internship
|0 - 1 years
The Land Alliance’s William C. and Joyce C. O’Neil Conservation Steward program delivers valuable conservation-related experiences to qualified college students interested in building careers in protection of our natural resources.
Working with Meghan Leverock, the Associate Director of Stewardship, interns will be responsible for:
- Maintaining plantings as part of habitat restoration projects
- Trail maintenance and building
- Monitoring and removal of invasive plants
- Working with volunteers and staff in preserve management projects
- Leading educational nature walks and programs
- Commitment to environmental conservation
- Comfort with being outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Comfort with working both independently and as part of a team
- Research, communication and writing skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- An interest in conservation education
- Ability to get to and between job sites is a must!
- Ability to identify local flora/fauna species
- Experience with gardening/plant care
- Experience managing invasive plants
- Experience giving educational programs/presentations
To apply please submit in a single PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in land conservation
- Contact info for two references
Please send applications and/or questions to Meghan@northshorelandalliance.org
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Outdoor Recreation, Restoration, General / Stewardship