|Salary Details||Contract position, salary is negotiable|
|Deadline||Oct 06, 2023|
|Required Experience||7+ years|
The Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (WAFWA) is seeking a skilled independent contractor to lead the Western Native Trout Initiative (WNTI) and serve as the Program Coordinator. The WNTI Coordinator serves as an expert advisor and senior leader as the convening partner in conservation of 21 focal species of western native trout and char in 12 western states. The Coordinator plays a leading role in developing and maintaining WNTI as a top performing initiative of WAFWA and premier Fish Habitat Partnership by demonstrating their ability to maintain strategic direction, innovate, cultivate relationships with key decision-makers; write and deliver communications; and pursue and acquire targeted fundraising. Working through a shared vision from WAFWA leadership and a Steering Committee, the Coordinator may oversee work products of additional WNTI contractors and needed service providers as appropriate.
Objectives for this position include all coordination tasks that enable WNTI to implement the actions of its Strategic Plan, manage the WNTI Steering Committee and governance requirements, and fulfill its obligations as a partnership under NFHP and as an Initiative under WAFWA. The Coordinator’s long-term annual goal is to raise a minimum of 250K/year in funding to support WNTI operations and on-the-ground habitat restoration projects.
Core areas of responsibility include:
- WNTI Steering Committee coordination
- Strategic and Operational planning
- WAFWA and NFHP related coordination
- Operations/Administration and Budget
- Grant and project oversight and administration
- Development, Outreach, and Marketing
- Coordinate deliverables and work assigned to other WNTI contractors
The selected Coordinator will be an independent contractor with WAFWA who will work under the guidance of the WAFWA Board and Executive Team and the WNTI Steering Committee to meet its vision, mission, goals and objectives. The Coordinator organizes and assigns the work of WNTI and is responsible for implementing the scope of work detailed below. Accordingly, the Coordinator should have experience in group coordination and facilitation, leadership, project management, and have strong writing skills. WAFWA will administer funds related to this contract and all grants associated with WNTI.
This position is fully remote; preference will be given to individuals based in the Western U.S.
Start date is negotiable with a target date of November 6, 2023. The successful candidate will work alongside the current WNTI Coordinator until the end of December 2023.
Your proposal must be emailed by October 9, 2023, to Therese Thompson, WNTI Coordinator at email@example.com . No late submissions will be accepted.
If you have questions about the position or the RFP process, please email Therese Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org before September 22/after October 5 or Julie Carter email@example.com between September 22-October 5.
In a single pdf file labeled “Your Last Name: WNTI Coordinator”, please provide the following information:
1. A cover letter highlighting your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience as they pertain to the Knowledge/Skills and Desired Qualities listed in the position description. Please keep the cover letter/proposal to a maximum of three pages.
2. A description of past positions in which you played a key role similar to this Coordinator position's Scope of Work. For each past position please include a short description of your role and outcomes achieved.
3. A bid for accomplishing this work for a two-year contract. Bids can be expressed as an hourly rate, a monthly rate, or a lump sum annual contract with milestones.
4. Start date availability.
5. Three references.
6. A full resume. Your resume will not count against the three page limit
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Fisheries|