WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) understands the critical role of investments, corporate practices, and markets in solving the dual crises of climate change and biodiversity loss. The Conservancy has established the Impact Finance & Markets division to shape direction of investment, corporate practices, and markets around the world. The Corporate Engagement Advisor, Biodiversity is part of the Corporate Engagement team within the Impact Finance & Markets Division and reports to the Director of Corporate Engagement.
The Corporate Engagement Advisor, Biodiversity implements and coordinates corporate engagements that, by facilitating the integration of nature into business models, help direct private-sector economic, operational, and political influence in support of the Conservancy’s conservation goals. They support the development and implementation of strategies for engaging companies; coordinate and conduct outreach to companies; manage and support specific corporate engagements. This would include working with companies and other partners to implement biodiversity and nature strategies and informing related private sector frameworks being developed, e.g., Science Based Targets for Nature (SBTN) and Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD). They will work closely with members of the Center for Sustainability Science team and other Business Units to establish and implement TNC’s new biodiversity offering.
RESPONSIBILITES & SCOPE
- Develop relationships and work effectively with corporate and other external partners.
- Serve as relationship manager to specific corporations and support other engagements.
- Develop and implement corporate engagement strategies with corporate partners, particularly around biodiversity.
- With a team, design and manage major meetings, including gatherings of corporate, government, and non-governmental representatives.
- Conduct research to inform the Corporate Engagement team’s internal functional strategy and activities, particularly around biodiversity.
- Support the preparation and presentation of project proposals.
- Persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups who are critical to the Conservancy’s overall strategies.
- Work in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative and advisory capacity.
- Develop constructive and effective working relationships inside and outside the Conservancy.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and external requirements.
- May include fundraising activities.
- Manage relationships and projects with minimal supervision.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, environmental science/studies, management or other relevant field and 5 years of non-profit or corporate sector experience, or equivalent combination education/experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience preparing and presenting project proposals and negotiating agreements or projects.
- Project management experience including coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship, Land Trust, Non Profit Management, Policy And Law, Sustainability|
|Tags||Outreach, Climate Change|