About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Cultural Resources Technician for Architectural History in our Houston, Texas office to assist with cultural resources management work within the Texas and the Gulf Coast region. SWCA's Houston, TX office offers a unique work environment and a diversified client-base, including oil and gas, generation/renewables, transportation, water infrastructure, and land development.
This is a temporary, on-call position.
The selected candidate will be required to pass client specific drug and alcohol screening.
Please include a cover letter and writing sample with your application so that you receive full consideration for this opening.
What you will accomplish
The role will be to provide assistance for projects ranging from technical studies in support of various historic resources surveys and evaluations, Secretary of the Interior's Standards project review, and a number of other projects related to preservation planning and policy.
- Participate in field work under the direction of a Project Architectural Historian.
- Complete historic resources survey forms for internal review.
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports and historic evaluations with oversight.
- Maintain SWCA’s high standard of technical ethics and quality assurance and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Write deliverable sections under direction.
- Perform research and literature reviews.
- Complete individual tasks of low complexity or duration with oversight.
- Comply with the safety plan.
Experience and qualifications for success
- High School Diploma
- Completion of collegiate-level coursework in U.S. history, Texas history, and/or architectural history
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
- Must be able to pass client specific drug and alcohol screening.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in history, architectural history, historic preservation, architecture, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Current enrollment in a Master’s program for Historic Preservation, Public History, Community and Regional Planning, or a closely related field.
- Experience researching in archives.
- Knowledge of Field Maps and Survey123.
- Compensation based on education and experience.
- This is a temporary, on-call position.
- Estimated time in the field is 50-75%
- Project schedules may often include up to 12-hour days, 6 days a week for extended periods.
- Hours worked over 40 hours per week are paid at time-and-a-half rate.
- Single occupancy hotels paid directly by SWCA.
- Per diem for full day, unless otherwise noted for specific projects.
- Vehicles provided for projects.
- Opportunity for advancement within SWCA.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Houston, TX-based position can expect an hourly pay rate of $19.69 – $25.99/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Apply directly online through the above link to swca.com/careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|