About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Cultural Resources Technicians in our Baton Rouge, LA office to assist with cultural resources management work. SWCA's Baton Rouge, LA office offers a unique work environment and a diversified client-base, including oil and gas, generation/renewables, transportation, water infrastructure, and land development.
This is a temporary, on-call position.
The selected candidate will be required to pass client specific drug and alcohol screening.
What you will accomplish
Complete archaeological surveying, field testing, including shovel test pits and excavation units, data recovery, and associated field recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography and in-field mapping. Assist with archaeological office and lab work and GPS data collection in the field under the direction of a Field Lead or Project Archaeologist.
Experience and qualifications for success
- High School Diploma
- Completion of an accredited archaeological field school.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk, and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather (including extreme heat and humidity), rugged terrain, often at high altitudes.
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred.
- 6+ months experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring.
- Knowledge of Collector and Survey123.
- Compensation based on education and experience.
- This is a temporary, on-call position.
- Estimated time in the field is 90-100%
- Project schedules may often include up to 12-hour days, 6 days a week for extended periods.
- Hours worked over 40 hours per week are paid at time-and-a-half rate.
- Single occupancy hotels paid directly by SWCA.
- Per diem up to $59 for full day, unless otherwise noted for specific projects.
- Vehicles provided for projects.
- Opportunity for advancement within SWCA.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Baton Rouge, LA-based position can expect an hourly pay rate of $18.75–$24.75/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response
Apply directly through the link above at SWCA.com/careers
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||General / Stewardship|
|Tags||Archaeology, Environmental Consulting|