Environment and Planning division aims to protect, restore, and expand New York City Parks including green spaces and natural areas to maximize their benefits for environmental and community health and resilience.
This position will work within the Data Systems and Analytics team of the E&P division. The team is responsible for creating tools and applications; developing and maintaining enterprise asset management systems; making reports and dashboards; and conducting analytics for 300+ people that focus on forestry and natural area operations, management, and conservation.
- Under general direction of supervisor, support the division through data management, analysis, and reporting using spatial and non-spatial data.
- Monitor, track, and report on key operations data, usage, and performance
- Identify and communicate about data quality issues; propose corrective measures and collaborate with end users to implement solutions.
- Assist in creating and maintaining up-to-date documentation on standard operating procedures regarding Forestry data and operations.
- Facilitate trainings on best management practices for Forestry tools and applications
- Collaborate and communicate with a cross-functional team to ensure a high degree of data integrity across all Forestry operations.
- Support and maintain visualizations such as maps and
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1”above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam, or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency is required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
- Proven track record of performing data analysis using Microsoft
- Familiarity in working with spatial data using ArcGIS
- Demonstrated experience in writing reports and presenting findings to key
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as
Salary: $59,116 - $91,768 Plus excellent benefits
Work Location: Citywide
Apply by: 09/29/2023 All Applicants:
Go to cityjobs.nyc.gov and search for Job ID# 601889.
Current City Employees please include your ERN and Job ID# 601889 on your cover letter and resume. References will be required upon request.
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
THE CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN INCLUSIVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO RECRUITING AND RETAINING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND PROVIDING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT IS FREE FROM DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT BASED UPON ANY LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS OR PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN INDIVIDUAL'S SEX, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, RELIGION, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, VETERAN STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY, OR PREGNANCY.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVICE FOR THE DEAF: (212) 504-4115
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship|