The Development Manager will play a pivotal role in the individual and corporate giving, operational and administrative, and event planning aspects of EarthCorps’ development program. The development manager will manage the corporate giving program and build relationships to steward and engage supporters in personalized and meaningful ways. The Development Manager will report to the Development Director.
This is an exciting role for someone with experience in fundraising, nonprofit administration, or business development looking for the next step in their career. This may be the job for you if you have exceptional organizational skills, you get excited about data and details, you thrive on meeting deadlines, and you enjoy interacting with the community over email and phone, and through meetings and events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Development Director, develop and manage an annual fundraising plan focused on individual and corporate giving.
- Identify, cultivate, and secure financial support from new and current individual donors, family foundations, and corporate partners.
- Manage donor stewardship activities, fostering a sense of appreciation and ensuring all donors stay well-informed through consistent and engaging communication.
- Collaborate with and support Communications Manager and team on external communications pieces, including email newsletters, annual reports, and appeals.
- Serve as first point of contact for any donor requests or questions.
- Manage the corporate giving program, including workplace giving, sponsorships, in-kind donations, and other financial contributions.
- Collaborate with the Community & Volunteer Manager to grow corporate sponsorship of volunteer events.
- Other fundraising duties as assigned.
Administration and Operations: (30%)
- Manage the development and communications team’s use of Salesforce, including being the point person on troubleshooting issues and leading any fundraising related process improvements.
- Manage donor records using Salesforce database, including data entry, maintaining accurate records, and tracking donor engagement.
- Create queries/reports and mailing lists in Salesforce.
- Manage online giving days like GiveBIG and other third-party giving opportunities.
- Manage gift processing system, including logging gifts in Salesforce and managing donation records in the database and in digital files.
- Manage gift acknowledgement process, including creating and mailing formal acknowledgement letters and tax receipts, and ensuring donors are personally thanked (by phone, email, or thank you card).
- Manage monthly reconciliation process with Finance team so that logged Salesforce donations and donations in QuickBooks align.
- Analyze and document donation and donor data; create tracking methods for financial progress toward team goals; share with Development Director.
- Organize all logistics for mailings and mass personal emails (such as donor appeals, holiday cards, annual report, stewardship pieces), including printing letters and labels, and ordering supplies; and send out mailings (stuffing letters, sealing envelopes, etc.).
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with development director on overall event strategy.
- Manage the planning, logistics, and execution of all fundraising/stewardship events (in-person or virtual); manage speakers and work with communications manager on talking points; manage event websites and/or portals (including online registration systems) and update as needed.
- Ensure that follow up activities, such as data entry, thank you notes, and invoices and payments are completed by team in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, as well as regular trainings, and committees.
What we are looking for
- Commitment to EarthCorps’ mission and environmental justice
- Deep and authentic commitment to diversity, racial equity, and inclusion, with desire for continued learning
- Experience in fundraising, administration, and/or communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with database systems (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to build relationships with donors, corporate partners, and the public
- Strong organization skills and ability to develop and maintain systems to assist others to accomplish tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, both in a remote work environment and in an office setting
- Efficient time manager, able to set and meet deadlines, and able to reprioritize tasks as needed
- Eagerness to take initiative, try something new, and continually improve
- Love of learning and adapting to new technology and programs (previous experience with Salesforce, Teams, SharePoint, Air Inc., or Zoom a plus)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for events, as needed
Salary and Benefits
Competitive benefits package includes:
- Vacation: 15 days (120 hours) per year.
- Holidays: 10 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.
- Additional Time-off: The office is closed for two weeks in December/January and one additional week in the year
- Sick leave: 12 days (96 hours) per year.
- 401(k) retirement plan: with 3% match after 6 months.
- Employer-paid insurance premiums: Includes medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Additional Benefits: Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, discounted ORCA Card, and ProDeals.
We require all employees be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to the start of employment. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination should be submitted on or no later than your scheduled start date. If you believe you are entitled to either a medical or religious exemption to our vaccination requirement, please contact Human Resources and your situation will be evaluated.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on “Apply Now” on our website. In your cover letter, please describe as specifically as you can how your experience, interests, and values are a good fit for this position and with EarthCorps. In addition, please share how your lived and/or professional experiences inform your understanding of what it means to be anti-racist.
The priority deadline is 02/22/24. All applications will be reviewed by the priority deadline. Any applications submitted after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We expect to conduct first-round interviews the first week of March. Top candidates will be invited to a second-round interview with the Executive Director. We hope to extend an offer by mid-March with a start date of late-March, but the position will remain open until we find the right candidate. If you have any questions, please contact Taylor Benavente, Executive Operations Coordinator, Taylor@earthcorps.org.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship