Pollination is a specialist climate change investment and advisory firm, accelerating the transition to a net zero, nature positive future.
Our people are the key to unlocking change. Brought together from across industries, we are global leaders in finance, investment, technology, business, law and policy.
We combine our diverse expertise to connect dots and see around corners where others can’t. With strong relationships at the highest levels of government and the private sector, we shift barriers and catalyse transformative partnerships.
Our clients span governments, businesses and public and private capital. Using our broad experience, we help navigate the climate transition, and design and invest in breakthrough ideas that deliver financial returns.
We are looking for a dynamic full-time Director REDD+ Nesting Specialist to join our global team in the U.S., located in Washington DC or Chicago. In this role, you will work alongside a friendly and experienced team to advise corporates, financial institutions and governments on all aspects of the transition to net zero and building climate resilience. Working as a team, you will drive value for clients in a wide range of sectors. challenging problems in the world.
- Providing policy and technical advice to develop nested REDD+ frameworks in alignment with international climate agreements and guidelines
- Providing expert technical advice and support on REDD+ nesting methodologies, carbon accounting, baseline alignment, institutional frameworks, and benefit sharing approaches. Stay updated on the latest research and advancements in REDD+ and related fields.
- Leading national and international forest policy analyses and preparing policy recommendations related to forest finance, environmental markets, and natural climate solutions Preparing policy, technical, and commercial recommendations for forest carbon credits in carbon markets, including under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement, other domestic and international compliance markets, and the voluntary carbon market
- Designing and delivering market-leading advice to clients in a wide range of sectors and industries to support their transition to a net-zero emissions future, including commercial and strategic analyses; investment, systems, and policy analyses; market reviews and benchmarking, which anticipates the audience and their commercial objectives
- Conducting analyses to develop evidence-based outputs, including by sourcing and processing policy, commercial, environmental, financial, and social data and leveraging Pollination’s expertise to develop new insights for clients
- Managing project delivery across multiple projects, including pitch delivery and pricing, project scoping and design, resource planning and allocation, inclusive team leadership, project problem solving, and delivery within commercial expectations
- Helping clients to manage internal engagement, including having regular contact with senior clients, managing meetings and other client contact, and communicating the conclusions of key pieces of analysis
- Supporting the development of problem-solving strategies and assets across client groups or sectors, including developing Pollination IP and thought leadership
- Supporting staff development, including managing performance, providing regular feedback, nurturing talent, and developing capability
- Supporting Pollination’s business development strategies, identifying opportunities, developing pitches, and managing opportunity pipelines
Who we’re looking for
- 8+ years professional experience in investment, project development, strategy, policy, sustainability, finance, economics or a closely-related field, along with significant subject matter expertise (via academic or professional experience) in environmental markets, REDD+, forest management, land-use planning, and environmental conservation practices
- Strong familiarity with REDD+ and UNFCCC Warsaw frameworks decisions and REDD+ methodologies, including Verra Jurisdictional and Nested REDD+ (JNR) and the Architecture for REDD+ Transaction’s The REDD+ Environmental Excellence Standard (ART TREES)
- Professional experience related to climate policy, climate finance, environmental markets and/or forest management implementation is strongly preferred, with special preference for experience with the multilateral environmental agreements and national climate policy development processes
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to design and deliver to deadlines, and to manage prioritization within and between workstreams and manage stakeholder expectations across competing priorities
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, including a highly inclusive leadership style and the ability to work with a distributed global team across various levels of seniority
- Ability to build and leverage diverse technical and industry relationships and networks
- Passion to help quickly build a growing team and ability to manage change in an organization, including by seeking and generating buy-in, building culture, and supporting stakeholders to engage with the program of work at hand
- Drive to find strategic solutions that help our clients deliver net zero and build climate resilience
You must be based in Washington, D.C., Chicago, or willing to relocate. Pollination follows a hybrid work model in the U.S. with staff expected to work from the office at least 3 days per week to benefit from in-person interactions with colleagues. This is a permanent, full-time role.
Applying with Pollination
Pollination is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, General / Stewardship, Policy And Law|