Summary of Position: Manages grant application process and assists with research and analysis for Teatown’s Science and Outreach Department.
Reporting To: Director of Science and Outreach
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 per year
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies suitable grant opportunities to help fund Teatown’s scientific research and management priorities.
- Manages the grant process from identification, application, and required follow ups in partnership with Teatown’s grants consultant.
- Leads volunteers and interns to increase research and citizen science capacity.
- Assists the Director of Science and Outreach in teaching and mentoring activities, including the Teatown Environmental Science Academy (TESA)
- May be asked to represent Teatown at regional partnerships, including the Environmental Management and Monitoring Alliance (EMMA) and the Lower
Hudson Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM)
- Conducts ecological monitoring on the preserve in line with expertise.
- Communicates and coordinates with other staff about ongoing science research and monitoring on the preserve.
- Participates in public presentations, panels, and professional development.
- Writes management plans and reports as needed.
- A master’s degree in the field of ecology, conservation biology, natural resources management, environmental science, or related field (PhD preferred).
- Proficiency with environmental research including study design, data collection and analysis, and written and oral presentation.
- Experience with management planning aligned with biological conservation goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with GIS.
- Familiarity with northeastern plants and animals, early successional habitats, or aquatic systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Experience working with students and the public.
This is a full-time salaried position with a regular work week of Monday-Friday, 7 hours a day, with weekend and evening work required on occasion. Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as a 403(b)-retirement plan.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Danielle Begley-Miller, PhD at email@example.com . No phone calls please.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on Conservation Job Board.
|Category||Admin & Leadership, Ecology|